Your Face Deserves Better

Your Face Deserves Better

Utilizing nature to clean, scrub, moisturize, and refresh your beautiful skin!

38
Your Face Deserves Better
tistory.com

Recently I have been following the trend of transitioning all of my skincare products to ones that only have ingredients I know and can see in nature. Your skin is the largest organ in your body and it absorbs massive amounts of potentially toxic chemicals every second. Look at all the different types of medication that are delivered through the skin in the form of patches or gels… crazy! The skin is a great barrier to keep the organs in, but not in keeping certain chemicals out. Some of the most worrisome toxins are phthalates, which are often found in the ingredient “parfum” or “fragrance,” so all of your fruity smelling soaps and perfumes could be extremely harmful to your overall health.

Moving away from chemical products can be tough, but I have found it to be not only freeing but also cheap! I can’t wait to share my tips, tricks, and thoughts about stepping into the world of “all natural beauty.”

Take Care Of That Pretty Face!

Wash- I am obsessed with my Dead Sea Warehouse Sea Salt Bar. I used to spend so much money on facial cleansers, but this $8 bar of soap has lasted me eight months. It’s not too harsh, yet gets the job done. Sea salt is known for deeply cleansing pores, balancing oil production, and combating again bacteria that leads to breakouts. This bar is easy to travel with and great at keeping your face fresh.

Exfoliate- anything gritty (sea salt, brown sugar, ground oatmeal, ground coffee) will work! Mix this with a moisturizing base like olive oil or coconut oil and you will have the softest skin around! You are going to want to use your all natural exfoliant about two to three times a week. It is so important to get rid of those old skin cells that create excess oil and clogged pore.

Tone- Apple Cider Vinegar is a great pH Balancer, but the smell is a little strong for me in the morning. Instead, I use cucumber based Witch Hazel to remove oil and any other dirt or makeup particles that my face wash didn’t pick up.

Moisturize- The best part! I would recommend using any plant based oil (argan, jojoba, olive, grapeseed, coconut), but look for oils that are organically and sustainably made! I use coconut oil as my makeup remover, eyelash thickener, hair conditioner, and shaving cream. It is one of my all time favorite products! If you aren’t into oils, I totally understand. I am convinced beeswax changed my face. Lots of companies make beeswax from sustainably raised bees and mix it with awesome essential oils that make your face oh so smooth and hydrated. I buy mine from a local seller, so check your local farmer markets for beeswax products.

Refresh- This tip is not as necessary, but my roommate and I have started to fall in love with our rose water spray bottles. She uses it before she puts on her makeup and I use mine to refresh in the morning or after a long day. Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin and get rid of acne all while leaving you refreshed and polished!

Moving to products that feel good and look good have really made a difference in my skin, and I hope that you can use these tips in your life! I would love to learn more about what you do to stay green and beautiful. Please comment and share with me your tips, tricks, and beauty tips!