The top three trending hashtags on Twitter this year were #Rio2016, #Election2016 and #PokemonGo.
I'm not really sure how I feel about those being the trending topics for this past year, but I do think they are representative of what we obsessed about in 2016. We only have five days left of the year and I think most of us are pretty much ready for a fresh start. We want to do some things differently in the coming year and that is perfectly healthy, but we do need to wrap up 2016 the best we can.
Here are ten housekeeping items we should all complete before we type up our New Year's resolutions.
1. Write all of your thank you notes for gifts recieved
Leave 2016 grateful.
2. Finish all the leftovers in your fridge
You can't keep eating on those mashed potatoes after the new year.
3. Take down the Christmas decorations
It's definitely a huge pain, but if not now, when?
4. Return/exchange any gifts
Don't feel bad for exchanging a present. Most gift-givers would rather their money go to something you will appreciate than something that will sit in your closet forever.
5. Binge-watch these movies and shows before they leave Netflix
DA VINCI CODE. DA VINCI CODE. DA VINCI CODE.
6. Apologize to your dog for making him wear a Christmas sweater for two months
You owe him.
7. Congratulate friends who got engaged over the holidays instead of being bitter about it
It's okay to be happy for other people, I promise.
8. Listen to Buddy Logan's Top Red Dirt Singles of 2016
Where my Texas Country fans at?
9. Put aside all your political hostility because there is no room for that in 2017
Seriously, it's over.
10. Get your fill of Starbucks holiday drinks while you still can
RED CUPS FOREVER.