A letter to my parents, as I leave for college

Dear Mom And Dad, From Your Daughter Leaving For College

You have done so much for me, and as your oldest daughter going off to college it has to be as scary and exciting for you as it is for me.

478

Dear Mom and Dad,

You are the most amazing and badass human beings, I get to call you my parents. Yeah, we are all really really annoying, but you somehow manage to deal with us, I mean, it helps that you are just as annoying. You have done so much for me to make me the person I am today. I feel like I can be myself around anyone, and that is because of you. Both of you know how to make me laugh and smile, maybe cry a little from time to time.

Ever since I was little you have taught me to be myself and that as long as I work hard and be myself I will succeed. I never was the smartest person in the world, but you always let me know that I was working my hardest and doing the best I possibly could to grow and prosper. Look where I am today! Going to your alma mater for college, and it is all because of you. You are so open-minded in letting me make my own decisions and following my dreams.

I know you can't hold my hand forever, and we are getting to that point where I have to go out on my own and be an adult, but I know for a fact that you will always be there. You helped me become the woman I am today, and I will be forever grateful to you.

Love, Emma

P.S. Dad please grow back the Goatee, it's the coolest thing ever, and never stop improving the house, it's fun coming home every day from school and something being slightly different.