13 Things Older Siblings Have Experienced As Told By Dwight Schrute

He started it!

138
IMG Flip

All I wanted as a 5-year-old girl was to have a baby sibling. I didn't care if it was a boy or girl, but I was sure we'd be best friends. I wanted to finally have another kid in the house to play with when my parents were busy being adults. Ugh, boring. My "wish" finally came true when I turned 6 and my brother was born. I don't think I entirely understood what I was in for.

1. The moment you find out you're going to be a sibling

Wow, Mom and Dad! The storks have finally answered our prayers!

2. After the baby is born

There's crying, so much crying. You can't even tell where it's coming from anymore. Maybe I'm crying.

3. When you have to give the baby a bath or change a diaper

What IS that? Is this thing an alien?

4. When they start getting more Halloween candy than you

He's younger, so the neighbors give him more candy? Have you seen how small he is!? He can't eat all of that, but I can give it a shot.

5. When you start getting blamed for everything

"They started it!" Then you get the, "you're older, you should know better" spiel.

6. Having to babysit for FREE

The going rate for babysitters is $10/hr and your parents are getting you for free. The least they could do is raise your allowance.

7. When they lose respect for your "older sibling" authority

They need to be set straight. Immediately.

8. When your mom makes you include them with your friends

We're six years apart and he's gross! I don't want him in my room and definitely not with my friends.

9. Trying to get along for once

Ya, well...We tried.

10. Trying to help them with homework

Why don't they get it? I don't understand how they aren't getting it!

11. When they get away with way more than you did

They get everything earlier. I got a phone in the summer for getting straight A's in my first year of middle school. My little brother...3rd grade. I wasn't allowed to have soda in the house, he gets his own 2 liters. If he doesn't get straight A's, oh well. At least he didn't fail.

12. When someone else tries to mess with them

No one is allowed to make fun of your sibling but you. If you're going to try, you're going to have to go through me first.

13. When you go to college and actually miss them

You're going to miss so much. They're growing up, and you won't be there for some of the big moments. Before you know it, you're coming home and they've learned to ride a bike or drive. Maybe their voice has changed or they've grown taller. You thought you'd feel great finally being away on your own, but you miss them.

Siblings drive you absolutely nuts, but at the end of the day, you'd do anything for them. They complete your family, and you couldn't imagine living without them.