Young People And Politics: The Recipe For Catastrophe

Can't handle different opinions? Get out of politics.

24

From an early age I was told over and over that more kids needed to get into politics; we are the future caretakers of America after all. Now I am 21. I have made many friends and many enemies through my dealings with politics. My experiences with controversial subjects have shaped my emotional capabilities and boosted me into maturity. Everything is fine and dandy with my generation. We try to learn from one another, and we recognize that everyone is different with their own sets of beliefs. That is my optimistic perspective. The younger generations, however, are in trouble. It's their way or the highway.

What I have noticed with the younger generations is that it's "cool" and "hip" to latch onto politics. For example, if you are 15 years old and claim to be a feminist, you are seen as more mature because you have decided to embody something that grown ups talk about. You don't know the history and the differences between every wave of feminism, but all these grown ups you look up to claim to fight for women's rights, so it sounds like a good deal, right? You are a champion of liberty and freedom; who doesn't like the sound of that? However, when you embody something that you know little about and add in your limited emotional capabilities, including the rebellious natures of puberty, you have a recipe for complete and utter disaster. This isn't just about embodying feminism. I have seen conservatives and liberals aged 14 through 18 that have not a single clue to what they say.

The results of politics invading the minds of younger generations only spark fire and heated debates. It's now common to lose "friends" just because you identify as something people may disagree with. It's sickening. In my position of experience, those who cannot tolerate different opinions in politics need to get out of politics. I believe in supporting our veterans before letting Muslim refugees into our homes. Does my stance infuriate you? Get out of politics. I believe Donald Trump needs to the next President of the United States. Does my stance anger you? Get out of politics. I believe that if you support transgenders, you support the normalization of gender dysphoria. Don't like my belief? Get out of politics and come back when you are able to handle different opinions. This world is already tough as it is. Don't make it any more difficult for yourself.

The world has no place for those who are angered easily by different opinions and stances. The younger generations embody controversial subjects and create division because they see grown ups talk about politics. Monkey see, monkey do. Encouraging young people to get into politics had it's effect, and now we are seeing the effects of political intoxication. Get out of politics and start making friends. It's sad to see so much division amongst the younger generations. What's even sadder is that they haven't even graduated high school yet. Save the political stances until you actually know what you are talking about and are emotionally capable of tolerating different opinions.