Yes, You Will Lose Friends Along The Way, Yes, It Will Be OK

It may not feel okay in the exact moment, but losing that friend is not the end of the world.

158

Growing up consists of many things. Growing up can also be a very tough thing to do.

At some point through life we are bound to lose friends. Sometimes it’s because of a fight, or moving off to college, or maybe a reason that’s not certain. There are many possible reasons to losing a friend and sometimes they may have even been your absolute best friend. No matter which friend it was, or how long the friendship had lasted, or how the friendship ended, it’s not the easiest thing to deal with.

Becoming the best of friends with someone opens up so many new things. You imagine the infinite memories the two of you will make, and you never really picture the friendship coming to an end. There are usually no thoughts of arguments, miscommunications, or distance separating the two of you and the bond that you have created. It is not until reality strikes and it sets in that losing friends has become more common than keeping them.

It may not feel okay in the exact moment, but losing that friend is not the end of the world. They came into your life for a reason, for a time, for a purpose, but that also means they’re leaving for a certain reason too. We may not understand why, but there is a reason and life moves on.

Sometimes people can hold you back and you may not realize it at first. That friend may be relying on just you to bring them joy, happiness, and company. This can become very tiring and draining. This in turn, can begin to hold you back. It may feel like they don’t support you, or they aren’t happy for you. Maybe it’s time to let them go, so you can focus on your goals in life and start moving forward.

When you think about it, have you ever had a friend who really wasn’t a friend? Maybe it is for the best that the person you called your “best friend” is no longer your best friend. They may have mistreated you, talked behind your back, or just been a bad friend for you. Eventually you see someone’s true intentions and they may not be the best, so it’s best that they are no longer so close to you.

No matter the reason, you must realize that the person is gone or no longer you best friend for a reason. Sure, you may still occasionally speak, but it’s not like it used to be. Friends come and go, but life continues and we must keep going.