You were called to be YOU

You were called to be YOU

God isn’t calling you to be a clone copy of the girls you see on Instagram.

97

“I didn’t ask you to be her. I asked you to be you.” –God

Seriously, ladies - God is calling you to be you.

God isn’t calling you to be a clone copy of the girls you see on Instagram. He doesn’t care about your futuristic ‘goals’ that you have saved to multiple Pinterest boards.It doesn’t matter to Him how many followers you may have or how many likes you may get. What truly matters to God is what is in your heart - the truest and deepest parts of it.

We spend so much time stalking through strangers’ Instagram’s doing the petty, envy, jealously and insecure stuff. We literally waste the time in our day comparing our lives to others shot through deceiving camera lenses. When in all reality, we should spend our time striving to be well-wishers, go-getters, heart changers and godly gracious givers.

“A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.” Proverbs 14:30

God is calling you to be you, in the truest form, the most original you. This includes the loud, silly, messy, restless, broken and anxious parts of you. The worst mistakes that you’ve ever made, God wants it all. He wants the good, the bad and the ugly. God has created you for a purpose. You have something that no one else in the world has because you are you and that is your power. You are meant to live a full life that God has prepared for you. Also, those really ugly things that you’ve done - the ones that make you cringe each and every time you think of them. Yeah, God had a purpose and plan for those too.

There is nothing that can happen to us that is out of God’s control.

Jealousy is an ugly, ugly thing. Satan uses many tactics to bring us down and shrink our self-esteem. But let me share with you something that took me a long time to figure out – your worth is not defined by this world. It is not defined by your relationship, your beauty, money, followers or likes. Your worth is defined by what God says about you and that alone. Therefore, make it a point to hide your heart in Him.

“Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in You.” Psalm 143:8-9

Some helpful verses for when these struggles arise:

“But The Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but The Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

“Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.” 1 John 2:15