Why Any And Every Aggie Should Attend Breakaway

He shows up every week, so we should, too.

794
Instagram @breakawaymin

"Well howdy!" Proclaims director of Breakaway, Timothy Ateek. Followed by a sea of "howdys" back and a unison whoop. Every Breakaway begins the same. But each experience is different, and you will certainly walk away different.

It's the spirit that can ne'er be told. The body of Christ at Texas A&M University.

For everyone who calls on the name of The Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13

There isn't a single soul on campus, both Blinn and A&M (there isn't a single soul in the whole world actually), who doesn't need Jesus. And the best thing about our Savior is there isn't a soul He doesn't want. No one is "unworthy" of walking through the doors of Reed Arena and experiencing the all-knowing and all-powerful creator of the universe.

He shows up every week, so we should too.

College is so hectic and fast-paced, it should be just as mandatory as a textbook to slow down and take time for your soul, especially with The One who created it. Every Tuesday night thousands of students gather at 9 pm in Reed to worship our sweet Jesus. To sing songs of His glory and learn more about Him as that same glory is revealed to us through a message delivered by TA. There is nothing more refreshing than the gospel.

Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

There is no person, no situation or sin that disqualifies you from the love of Christ. There isn't a single person who Breakaway isn't "right for." Atheist, agnostic, another religion, skeptical, too far gone, it doesn't matter. Jesus wants you to come to Him. Breakaway wants to help you take that first or next step to get you there.

For where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am with them. Matthew 18:20

Texas A&M is unique and special for a lot of reasons. No reason is more important or life-giving than the body of believers that gather to experience, share, spread, and glorify the name of Jesus Christ. Grades are important, but they will eventually come to an end. Your student organization is important, but it will eventually come to an end. Your relationship is important, but it's not going to fulfill every single desire of your being. Only Jesus can do that. So come to meet Him, come to meet with Him. Come to experience the purpose of life.

But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

Life is busy, but for no matter how little of time, you sleep, either at night or an afternoon nap. Why? Because you literally cannot live without it. It's a priority. Jesus is no different. So come to spend time with Him. Learn to read His word, for no matter how little of time, in the afternoon, first thing in the morning, or late at night. It doesn't matter. But you literally cannot live without Him.

Taste and see that The Lord is good. Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him. Psalm 34:8

Come taste and see. Come to experience His goodness. Walk into Reed Arena dead and leave alive as you claim the name of Christ. We want you there!