The college senior life. In some ways, it's as much the same as the past three years; you're in a routine of classes, homework, friends, homework, church...homework. In some ways, though, it's different. Intimidatingly different. Because you have to start making decisions about a future that arrived way sooner than you thought it would. If you're a senior, you can probably relate to some of these experiences.
1. You just realized you don’t have to go through move-in day ever again.
2. You’re starting to realize just how much stuff you’ve accumulated over the years and are wondering where it’s all going to fit if you don’t get an apartment right away.
3. You’re frantically applying for jobs and editing your resume and trying to make connections and realizing just how valuable your college’s career services are.
4. You realized that by this time next year you will either have a job or be living in your parents’ basement. Unless they don’t want you in their basement…in which case you realize that it’s job or bust.
5. You’re wondering if maybe you should stay at school another year because the real world is starting to look terrifying.
6. Everyone within a ten-mile radius is getting engaged.
7. You’re in at least one wedding. And you couldn’t be more excited about it.
8. There are days when you are looking forward to being out in the world and working in your career field…and then there are days when you contemplate the idea of making your own food and shudder in fear.
9. You’ve already experienced finals six times and still have to go through it two more times but consider yourself an expert until you actually reach finals week and realize it’s still just as bad as ever.
10. The freshmen seem so young, and your own freshman year was eons ago.
11. High school is a vague memory from a distant past that you have to reach into the recesses of your mind to recollect.
12. Your younger siblings are in high school and even college. You can’t even recall them growing up, but they seem a lot more prepared for the adult world than you are.
13. You’re pleading with your laptop to hang in there for one more year.
14. You’re pleading with your bank account to hang in there for one more year.
15. You’re pleading with your GPA to hang in there for one more year.
16. You realize that everything is “for the last time,” and it’s making you nostalgic.
17. You’re dreading the days when your friends are no longer a two-minute walk away.
18. You’re starting to get excited about all the opportunities ahead, and you’re glad that college has prepared you so well.
19. You wrote a post about how you might be a senior.