To The People Who Made Me Who I Am Today

"This is for everyone that has impacted my life and made me who I am today."

5143

It doesn't matter where we go in life, what we have or what we do.

It's all about the people we surround ourselves with and I'm lucky to say that I'm surrounded by amazing people. My friends and family are the most important people in my life, in fact my friends are my family. You never know when it could be your last day with someone, which is why I cherish every moment I get with the people I love. This is for everyone that has impacted my life and made me who I am today.

1. To my best friend:

Not many people can say they've had a best friend their entire life, but I'm thankful to be able to say that I have. We met in pre-school and I don't think we've spent more than a week apart since. Eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day after elementary school, riding our bikes around Sloatsburg together, and having countless amounts of sleepovers are memories that will stick with me forever. We've been through thick and thin together, but there's never been a moment when we didn't have each other's back. You taught me the real meaning of friendship through your generosity and kindheartedness, which has made me a better person. Not only are you my best friend, but you're my sister and I wouldn't be who I am today without you.

2. To my parents:

The infinite amounts of love and support you guys provide me with continues to guide me through my every day life. When I wanted to be a dancer, you'd allow me to put on shows in the living room and be my audience. When I became a part of the pit orchestra, you guys came to the musical every year in a real audience. When I joined Binghamton Rowing, you guys drove the distance just to be in the crowd cheering me on. No matter what decisions I make, you guys are always there to help and I can never thank you enough for that. As individuals and as a couple I've always looked up to you both and I can only hope to become as great of a person as you both are. I wouldn't be who I am without guys (duh, I wouldn't exist), thank you for always showing me the lessons that come with life.

3. To my boyfriend:

It feels like I've known you for forever and most people are surprised when they find out I haven't. Whether it's hiking, movie nights, kayaking, or singing Billy Joel, every day is an adventure with you. You've opened me up to trying so many new things and always bring out the best in me. It makes me so proud when people tell me what a great guy you are, although it never suprises me. Through any decision I've had to make, you've always supported me and reminded me that I'm never alone. I learn something new every day from you, anywhere from what tree we're looking at to how to change my windshield wipers. Thank you for showing me the good in life and always finding the positive in any situation.

4. To my friends:

Senior year definitely would not have been the same without you guys. I'm so thankful to have found friends that I know I'll have for life, even if it took until the last year of high school. I know I can go to you guys for anything and that if I have a problem, we're always able to come up with a solution together. Thank you for aways being able to make me laugh when I'm upset and for always listening. You guys made senior year and this summer one of the most memorable, and I can't wait to make many more memories together.

5. To my roommate:

College was (and still is) a huge adjustment for me and I definitely would not be where I am today without you. Although we've only known each other for a short amount of time I quickly considered you one of my best friends. From our first night together making mac and cheese, our 2am conversations, learning every word to 1-800, to watching "The Most Popular Girls in School," we've made nothing but great memories together. Being a freshman at Binghamton was scary, but you always knew what to do to help. I can't thank you enough for all the guidance, laughs and hugs you've given me and I can't wait for next semester together.

I'm thankful for every person in my life, each one is special to me and no one could ever replace them. I'm lucky to have people in my life that made saying goodbye for college so hard, but they're always my easiest hellos. Surrounding yourself with great people is an important part of life and I'me grateful that I have all of these people in mine.