20 Ways To Know You Work With Kids

20 Ways To Know You Work With Kids

If you're ever around kids, you'll absolutely understand.

66
20 Ways To Know You Work With Kids
Freepik

Whether you are a teacher, nanny, babysitter, or just have relatives and friends with children, you probably can relate to some of these.

1. Leggings are your go-to.

Nobody has time for jeans. Comfy clothes all the way.

2.“Why?” is your least favorite word.

EVERYTHING is “Why?”.

Can we get your shoes on? “Why?”

We are going out. "Why?”

To go to the store. “Why?”

To get food. “Why?”

For dinner. “Why?”

Pretty soon you just give up.

3. You LOVE kids movies.

Anything Disney or Pixar you are all about it. You obsess over it just as much as the kiddos do.

4. Coffee.

Dunkin' and Starbucks might as well just hook you up to an I.V.

5. You're creative.

Um, yes you spend all your free time in a Michael’s or Target digging through the sales bins. Crafting isn’t cheap.

6. You basically have the appetite of a child.

Macaroni and cheese? Yum! Chicken nuggets? Dino shapes, please. No matter what they are having, you're probably enjoying it too.

7. You’ve experienced and handled a new level of mess.

You know a little one can rummage through their toy bins and have the floor sporadically covered in under two minutes. No big deal—you’re a pro at this.

8. You're naturally positive.

A million things could be going wrong, but you’re always there for your little ones. If you’re happy, it can help make them happy, and you know it.

9. Bodily fluids don't scare you.

You’ve handled your fair share of diaper explosions, nose bleeds, boogers, bathroom accidents, and vomiting—you might as well be a simplified nurse.

10. You’re referred to as the "Baby Whisperer."

You’re the one everyone looks to as the professional. You know all the facts, methods, and philosophies. When in doubt they call you up for assistance, and you always know the right thing to say. You’re practically their personal Mary Poppins.

11. More often than not, your car is cluttered.

Car seats, toys, books, snacks, you name it—it's in there. Oh, and don’t forget the Disney playlist jams.

12. Some days you just want to throw temper tantrums with them.

You know what days I’m talking about.

13. Nap time is the best time.

Nothing tops nap time.

14. The terrible twos? Try the terrible threes, fours...fives...

It doesn’t stop.

15. Play time.

Dolls, blocks, and everything in between. You can jump right in and know your role.

16. Schedules are everything to you.

Planners and agendas make you happy. When things go off the schedule, it may get a little crazy.

17. Your sense of humor is phenomenal.

Let's face it, it has to be for this line of work.

18. There are some days you’re extra thrilled these little ones are not coming home with you.

You love them like they are your own, but you cherish your “me time.”

19. Fridays are the best days.

Because weekends are even more special to you.

20. Snuggles.

It makes everything all worth it in the end.