The Gay Pride Parade is a hallmark of Boystown, a Chicago neighborhood where the majority of the occupants are part of the LGBT community. The last weekend of June marks the last weekend of Pride Month and demands a huge celebration of the LGBT community and culture. The Pride Parade is a unique experience and the you know you attended it if:
1. You wore pink. And a lot of it.
2. You leave a trail of glitter wherever you go.
3. You'll see more guys looking better in heels and thongs than women.
4. Suddenly every single local politician and local church supports the gays.
5. You have tan lines from body paint and stick-on rhinestones.
6. Diva Death Drops on asphalt are the most impressive thing you've seen all year.
7. You saw more nipple petals in one day, than the rest of your life.
9. Body paint got too serious.
10. Body paint got too inappropriate.
11. You felt like you were accepted. And like love can conquer all.
Thank you to everyone for making Chicago Pride 2016 as amazing as it could be. Thank you for making people to feel free to express who they are. And thank you for loving who you are and not being afraid to show it.