You Know You Are From A Small Town If...

A place filled with community and tradition.

51
Facebook: Hannah Burns

Justin Moore’s country song says it best, “Wouldn’t trade a single day, here in small town USA.” I am best described as a homebody, and I thoroughly believe that comes from being born and raised in a small town. I could write a whole book on my small town and why I love it, because I truly think it is that great. Here is my best composed list of things you can find relatable if you too are from a small town.

1.Grocery shopping turns into running into your mom’s friend’s sister who probably graduated with one of your uncles.

2.You knew everyone’s name you graduated with, their mom’s name, and their older sibling was probably your siblings friend.

More than that, you knew everyone’s name in the whole school.

3. Most of the town can be found watching high school football on Friday Nights.

And the football teams rival is just down the highway.

4. Every teacher will know you because they taught your older sibling, or even your parents.

Getting called another sibling (or parents) name is normal, and you have learned to go along with it.

5. If something happens to someone, the whole town has their back.

You will never fight anything alone.

6. It is easiest to say you live in the nearest big city when people ask where you are from.

7. If you see a firetruck or ambulance going in the direction of someone’s house that you know, you are immediately sent into panic.

You start contacting everyone to make sure they are safe.

8. You went all the way through high school with the same people you went to preschool with.

The same person you sat next to in Biology, was the same person you learned the ABC’s with.

9. People know you by your last name.

“And your Dad is who?”

10. You wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Born and raised in Small Town USA.