don't lose god in the rush of life

In the world we live in today it seems like being still isn't a thing. Everyone is always on go with slam packed schedules and planners. You go from one thing to the next all day, all week even with little to no break in between all the chaos. We live in a time where if your life isn't like this if you're not constantly doing something from sun up to sun down then you're lazy, unambitious, and not going to make anything of yourself. Okay, I could be slightly over-exaggerating, but people seriously look down on others when they don't fit into the hustle and bustle scheme of life.

It might seem like you always need to be on the go and getting from one thing to the next, but it's okay to take breaks, it's okay to take time to be still. In fact, many times in the Bible God tells us, "be still." In Psalm 46:10 specifically, we're told that God says this, "Be still, and know that I am God." This is short and sweet, but it is a very powerful command that requires trust and a heart for the Lord.

It is so easy to caught up in family and home life situations and financial situations and work or school situations that can cause an unbelievable amount of stress. When you're feeling stressed, exhausted and overworked that's the perfect time for you to be still. Sit in God's presence and remember who He says He is and know that He is exactly that. Bring all that stress and that exhaustion and that worry and frustration and lay it all down in front of Him and be still. Let him carry your burdens like He says He will do for you, his child. It takes trust to just stop and abandon the norm of being a go-getter but the peace of mind and heart that only the Lord can provide is unlike anything in this world and entirely worth it.

When you are always on the go it's so easy to get in a rush because you become so eager to check everything off of your to-do list. Now, I know you just HAVE to get everything done. Don't rush though. Sometimes being still looks like just taking a step back and being completely present in your current moment. Be fully there. Don't constantly be thinking about what's next or what you've missed already. Be still and know that God has gone before you in each and every day. Be still and know that God will fulfill all of his promises to you, even if your to-do list doesn't get completed. Be still and know that there is nothing you can do to sabotage the plan He has set for you.

It's okay to be a busy person. It's okay to get everything on your long to-do list done. It's okay to have late nights and early mornings. It is. But, don't let that consume you. Don't let that be who you are. Be still in God's presence every day, this is our temporary home after all our eternal home is with Him. So trust His plan for you and his timing, know who He says He is, and trust that He will always be that.