You Gave Me More Than Just Heartbreak

You Gave Me More Than Just Heartbreak

Even though I experienced tears and sadness, in the end I experienced myself.

73
You Gave Me More Than Just Heartbreak
google.com

You helped me do something I never would have been able to do on my own-- you helped me realize my self worth.

I have always been one to love with every fiber of my being, and I have come to realize that, while it is a blessing, it is also a curse. To love with every piece of myself means that I will always experience the pain that comes with loving someone. As we go through life, we are faced with the reality of pain being inevitable, even if we do continuously refuse to acknowledge the presence of our problems. We are never going to be able to receive everything we want, and we have to learn to be okay with that.

Loving you helped me realize that I am so much more than the heartbreak I went through. Although we remained close while I dealt with the reality of you not wanting me, being near you still made everything much more difficult. I remember not thinking I was going to be okay because I had never been so hurt before. I realize now that there are so many things more important than dealing with a silly boy not wanting me.

During my freshman year of high school, I was told that I would never find happiness if I looked too hard for it; the idea seemed preposterous to me. How could you find something if you did not search for it? In the end, though, I stopped looking for happiness and it found me. I am nowhere near as happy as I could be, but I am so much happier than I was. I am a work in progress. I have learned that happiness is not something that can be obtained from others; happiness is something that you choose.

I wanted to do and say so many things, but now I just want to say thank you. Thank you for helping me somewhat figure myself out. Thank you for helping me realize that I am worth so much more than I or anyone else ever thought. Mostly, thank you for helping me realize I deserve to have my own happiness. Had you never broken my heart, I would have never had the mindset that I now hold.