"For what it's worth: it's never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over again."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Currently, I am majoring in journalism. Recently, I picked up a minor in entrepreneurship. My dream career has changed time after time from since I was a child, and I continue to struggle in knowing for certain what I want to do once I graduate.

Going to a school full of talented people makes this lack of truly knowing very difficult to bear sometimes. Some of my peers are so certain about their dreams and paths. They have it all planned out, day by day.

A week ago, I was watching an inspiring YouTube video about achieving one's goals and manifesting your desires. During the video, I actually started to have a panic attack. I realized I seriously have NO IDEA what I want to do for the rest of my life. Do I want to settle down somewhere? Do I want to travel a bunch? Do I want to raise a family? Where will technology lead us? Is the Earth's pollution going to wipe us all out? Everything seems so uncertain.

Don't get me wrong, I love learning about journalism. Clearly, I find some relief in writing. I like entertaining and producing videos, but I haven't felt especially called towards broadcasting this year, like I have been in the past. In picking up a minor for entrepreneurship, I didn't do so because I already have my business plan ready to go. I did so because I'm fascinated in learning about generating new ideas and following through with a self-made business.

I came across an article amidst my despair that reassured me everything would be okay. No one really has it all figured out, as humans tend to be flawed creatures. It explained how 'adulting' has a lot to with faking it until you make it.

It wasn't until I came across one of Oprah's Super Soul Conversations podcasts that I heard exactly what I needed to hear, "You know your purpose, because your purpose is playing out right now. The universe has you exactly where you need to be at exactly when you need to be there. For now, that's right here and right now."

The wise words hit me like an arrow hits a bullseye. I'm going to be okay! Sweet! I'm exactly where I need to be at this moment, and I can take one day at a time knowing I'll be fulfilling my purpose by just being.

For now, I get to enjoy learning. I get to soak in everything I can during my studies at university, and I have the ability to take up opportunity after opportunity that come rolling my way.

Maybe I don't know exactly where I am going to be 20 years for now, or even two years from now once I graduate! But I do know I get to enjoy this day today and learn from it everything I can. And as F. Scott Fitzgerald stated in the quote above, it will never be too late to change my mind, to pursue new dreams, to create a life I am proud of.