You Don’t Hate Trump – The Media Does

You Don’t Hate Trump – The Media Does

Don't let the media decide for you
44

Everyday all we hear is constant new stories about how Trump said something “racist” or “sexist” or just plain mean again. All of us are quick to gang up and jump on the media bias bandwagon and say, “yeah he was wrong!” But was he really? Do we even know the whole truth? Did he even say what the media tells us he said?

The Republican Party has had to deal with a lot of liberal media bias for many years now. We see it, we notice it, and we ignore it. Why is it different with Trump?

The media has painted such a bad picture of Donald Trump; you’re a horrible human being if you even remotely agree with him. Why do we let the media decide who is good and who is bad? Why should we believe what they say? So many Republican and Democrats are set on the media mindset. If Democrats hate Trump, that’s understandable, but the Republican Party doesn’t support their very own candidate. That’s unheard of. We expect the media to twist what people say in politics, but the media is focusing more on twisting around Donald Trump’s words than actually attacking the issues he stands for and arguing against them. People are so consumed with hating Trump, they don’t even know his stances and opinions are on political issues, besides “building a wall” they just know they don’t like him. How undervalued has our democracy become where we will just take what the media says about a candidate and believe it? Enough is enough.

The media has become so consumed with bashing Trump that viewers can’t even hear any of Trump’s stances and opinions besides what the media wants you to hear, something is taken out of context and twisted around. The media has made it “cool” to hate Trump and “racist” or “sexist” to support him. That’s why it’s important to do research on candidates on your own without taking the media’s word. The country could miss out on an extremely important candidate because you chose to believe the media and vote against someone or for someone else. The media is deceitful and we should make sure to double check what they report on, usually they’re reporting on something that happened, but exaggerating it and blowing it out of proportion. We can’t give the media so much power over our decisions; we choose the candidate, not the media. It’s important to make sure we’re informed on politics and candidates positions before taking a stance based on the media or friends.