You Don't Get To Decide Your Days

I believe that God is able to do the unthinkable.

He is able to mend marriages, he is able to heal the blind, he is able to wipe out demons, and he is capable of resurrection.

I believe in the God who is able to do far more with our faith than the amount of faith we may have, but that doesn't mean he actually will.

A few days ago a little girl lost her life, unexpectedly in her sleep. Over the past few days following her death, her mother, church, friends, and fans have been praying for resurrection. Death might be one of the most difficult things that we have to deal with on this earth and I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that comes with losing a child.

I am in no way discounting this mother's grief or telling her that she is wrong for believing that God will restore her daughter's life.

The problem that I have found with this movement is that they have claimed that Olive's time on earth was not done. My question is, how do you know? How do you know the number of days God has given you?

This choice is not yours. There have been times where I wish I could give some of the days God has given to me to someone I love. I have hoped that the Lord would work a miracle and heal people from illnesses. I've seen God say no to healing, but I've also seen him say yes.

The faith this mother has is indescribable, but what happens if God says no to a resurrection? Do you doubt his sovereignty? Do you doubt his love for you? Do you doubt his love for your child?

There are multiple instances in scripture where God chose to raise people from the dead. It is possible, and I believe with my whole being that if God wants a miracle the miracle will happen.

There is no way to say all this without sounding like I don't care for my faith family, and while I am amazed by their faith I am also astounded by the fact that they are not trusting of God's timing. It is amazing to see the Church coming together in prayer over this little girl's body, but what if the purpose of her life was not for her to be on this earth but for her to be in the Lord?

Time after time God has shown that his timing this the ultimate clock. We don't get to choose our days and we, unfortunately, do not get to choose the days of the ones we love. We don't get to pick the miracles God performs or if he will work something in our favor. The truth about faith, that so many people miss, is that we have to trust God despite the fact that our reward may never be on this earth.

I believe, without a doubt, that God will perform a miracle over Olive's life in the way that he sees fit. Could it be a resurrection? Absolutely. Could it be comfort for her parents? Absolutely.

The miracle will come because God is the miracle worker, but his miracles don't always match our prayers.