You Can't Do It All, And Do It Well

You Can't Do It All, And Do It Well

Prioritize your life in order to function properly.

12
You Can't Do It All, And Do It Well
Amazon

The best lesson I ever forced myself to learn is wearing myself too thin will made me miserable and I could never get anything done. As a member of Alpha Sigma Tau (Epsilon Upsilon), a teacher at church, a full-time student, a member of B.C.M., and a full-time girlfriend I've had to learn how to manage my schedule so it didn't manage me.

As I entered college I was not involved on campus and felt perpetually lost. I needed to fill my agenda. Soon I found myself at B.C.M., Baptist Collegiate Ministry, on Tuesday nights, and teaching every Sunday and Wednesday at church. To fill the void for football in my heart I began my fifth year working on the Southeast Whitfield High football team. I did not realize it yet, but my schedule was full. Week five into college sorority recruitment came around, and thus my journey in Alpha Sigma Tau began. By the end of my first week the realization that it was impossible to do it all and do it well was evident. it was time to prioritize.

After filling out an hourly schedule for a whole week, it was decision time, and I decided my time working with football had expired. Quitting was not easy but it was one of the best decisions I made for myself this year. So to my readers I suggest, if you find yourself crunched for time take a look at where you can spend less time in order to spend it in other ways. Set certain times to do things you know happen weekly such as laundry, cutting grass, and spending time with friends. Do not wear yourself too thin if you are losing sleep you're doing too much.

You can't do it all, and do it all well, so choose to prioritize and do the things that matter.