The 10 Best Yoga Moves For Beginners

The 10 Best Yoga Moves For Beginners

Whether it is to relieve stress, stretch out your muscles, or get some exercise, yoga is one of the best and most healthy workouts for you!

79
The 10 Best Yoga Moves For Beginners
Facebook

Yoga is one of the best things you can do for your body! While the benefits of it are so amazing, it can be hard when you are starting up. So I have come to your rescue with a list of the ten best yoga moves for beginners. These moves will help get you loose and limber and prepare you for handstands, headstands, and other crazy yoga moves!

1. Cat Cow Pose

facebook.com

Cat cow pose is one of the absolute best poses for stretching your back. Whether you have a bad back or you simply want to relax, the cat cow pose is a great go-to for a yoga newbie. Make sure to breathe in and out as you go from one pose to the other for the yoga move!

2. Warrior II Pose

pexels.com

Warrior II pose is an extension to the Warrior I pose although I personally prefer this pose! It is a great stretch for your legs and you choose how deep you go into the stretch.

3. Butterfly Pose

facebook.com

The butterfly pose is a classic; I am sure you did this one during gym class, only in yoga, it's much more hardcore. Try to get your knees to the ground and flutter your knees like you are a butterfly. It is one hell of a thigh stretch!

4. Child's Pose

facebook.com

My personal favorite back stretch: the child's pose. Bring your knees into your stomach and put your arms out in front of you. Put your head on the ground between your arms and feel the deep stretch in your back. As always, don't forget to breathe!

5. Tree Pose

facebook.com

This pose requires a bit more balance but does not require a yoga expert. As you practice this pose, you will gain core strength which will help you accomplish more difficult poses.

6. Bridge Pose

facebook.com

Don't worry about getting your butt as high up as hers is. Just lay on the ground with your knees bent and pick your butt up. If you can't go very far, that's okay. The more you practice, the higher you will be able to lift your bottom off the ground.

7. Downward Dog Pose

facebook.com

This pose is a classic for beginners! Start by standing tall then put your arms up in the air and slowly put them down in front of you. If you cannot extend as far as the woman in this photograph, that is okay! It is a quick pose to learn and easy to get better at doing!

8. Happy Baby Pose

facebook.com

This pose is just too much fun not to include! Lie flat on your back and bring your knees into your body, then grab your feet with your hands and hold the position. If you feel like having fun, move from side to side like a happy baby!

9. Cobra Pose

facebook.com

This pose is yet another great back stretch. Lie on your stomach and lift yourself up with your arms. Keep your chest high and do not forget to breathe!

10. Pigeon Pose

The pigeon pose is my personal favorite and a bit of challenge compared to the other beginner poses. I chose to include this one because when I first did this pose, I felt like I could really do yoga!

Don't worry about looking like the person in the photo at first. She is doing a more advanced version of the pose.

This pose is not as difficult as it looks. Just put one leg out behind you and bring the other leg in front of you, crossing your body. Stretch upwards with your arms and you have completed the pigeon pose.

Yoga is meant to be fun and relaxing. If these poses aren't working out for you, try out some different ones. If you have any aches or pains, contact your physician. If it feels painful to do a certain move, STOP DOING IT and contact a personal trainer for the correct way to do it.