The Yin and Yang of Life

The Yin and Yang of Life

By: Christina Soprani

49
The Yin and Yang of Life

For as long as I can remember, I loved the beach.

Maybe it has something to do with my zodiac sign. I am a Pisces. One fish swimming in one direction, and the other fish swimming in the opposite direction.

As I look back at old pictures, there I was as a child sprawled across the sand with the ocean surrounding my small frame. As my mom took my picture, the smile on my face told the world this was my happy place.

Year after year, I would get summer rentals with friends and eventually, the shore (Avalon) is where I ended up meeting my husband right in the driveway of my summer house.

My husband and I were blessed when we were able to purchase our own shore home. I now can come down all year long. With every season it's the same. I am in my happy place.

For most of us die hard shore goers we all have a story. A gravity pull that keeps us coming back year after year.

There is a tranquil peace that washes over me like a security blanket. The Essence of knowing that now is the time to unwind.

A walk on the beach is my therapy.

The opposite yet complementary energy of the sun's warm rays spilling into my head and the cool crisp ocean that circles around my feet and gets in between my toes.

The place where I take a deep breath in and absorb all the distinct smells of the jersey shore and as I exhale, allowing my body and mind to unwind and acknowledge the awareness of the slight whispers that float through my mind.

I encourage myself to become more centered and aware of the present and I try to let go off the past that no longer serves me. Finding some harmony between my heart and my mind.

I feel I become more centered and balanced.

After all, the piscean fish is its very own yin and yang. So, maybe it's just meant to be that the beach is my very own happy place.