Yes, I'm Saving Myself For Marriage, But Save Me From Your Unwanted Opinions On My Sex Life

Stop virgin shaming girls who are saving themselves for marriage.

70

We live in a society today where "slut-shaming" is a social construct where it is not okay for girls to show off their bodies in a promiscuous way. But whatever happened to the girls that aren't slut-shamed but have everyone and anyone telling them unwanted opinions on their sex life when they are saving themselves for marriage.

Time for a reality check, we are virgin shamed.

Yes, everyone argues for the idea of "my body, my choice" but society rarely sees how that applies to virgins and other people that chose to abstain from sex.

For us, it's "my body, my choice, and potential partners turning me down".

For us, it's "my body, my choice, and everyone else putting their opinion in when it wasn't asked for."

I should never have to justify my choices, especially ones that involve my sex life to anyone but myself and my god. I do not care how many times I hear "but you're missing out", " but it'll relieve all that stress you have", 'but your first time is going to be awkward if you don't practice now". None of these comments are going to change my mind. They just show me that you do not support the decision I made a long time ago.

I have complete control over MY sex life. And the fact that some people feel that they need to tell me I'm wrong because of my choices is sickening.

It also hurts your self-esteem to constantly have guys tell you they won't date you because of your choice. To have guy after guy tell you he is interested but can't go on a date with you because he has "needs that you can't fulfill" is disheartening and makes you wonder if you should lie about your virginity.

I used to lie and tell guys I wasn't a virgin just so they would pay some attention to me. But today I don't because any guy who is willing to walk away from me because of my choices can walk away and I will close the door behind him.

I do not care what you think about my sex life. I do not care what you chose to do with yours. All I care about is the fact that I want you to respect my choice. If I don't judge people who aren't virgins, sleep around, or do whatever they do than why should those people judge me.

Stop virgin shaming and let me live my life without your unwanted opinion on my sex life in it.