Yes, I Am In A Sorority

Yes, I Am In A Sorority

Why I love my sisters
118

I'm in a sorority. Yes, I said it. I'm in a sorority and it was one of the best decisions I could have made. Yes, I pay money to participate in activities and events but no amount of money could buy the friendship I have found within this group of women.

We aren't just a group of girls who go out and party and run around having wet t-shirt contests for charity. We hold fundraising events for women's wellness, we participate in activities with grade school kids, and we form bonds with one another that very few people can understand. We might have our own language to describe one another but that's because the word 'friend' simply doesn't cut it when we are referring to our Big or PSBF or our Gee.

I can personally tell you I did not find true friendship on my college campus until I got involved with my sorority. I wasn't the type that really had friends because of a situation that took place in high school so I shut everyone out. With my sorority, I know the friendships and connections I make are genuine and that I will carry them with me for the rest of my life because I see examples of it every day.

I received my bid as a freshman and while I know I have three years of watching my Gee and my Big and the rest of my sorority family graduate, I wouldn't have it any other way. The sorority has become a major part of my life and who I am.

When I take a Little, I know I will be bringing them into a family and a sisterhood that it amazing and something to be cherished. I can't thank my sorority enough for the happiness and experiences it has brought me so far and I can't wait to see what is to come in my next three years of college.