7 Reasons Yellow Labs Are The Best Dogs

7 Reasons Yellow Labs Are The Best Dogs

Their loving and protective nature makes the ideal pets in every way imaginable.
341

Anyone who owns a dog thinks their dog is the best of them all. And while every puppy is indeed adorable, I am obviously biased towards the yellow labrador retriever. If you're thinking about getting a dog for your family, a yellow lab might be your best choice! As a proud owner (alongside my family) of Violet, our puppy who is a year and a half old, I can give you great 7 reasons why these dogs make the best pets.

1. They're wildly energetic

Especially as puppies. Yellow labs have incredible amounts of energy. It may borderline annoying at times, but you just have to remember that they just want to play and socialize with the best intentions!

2. They're great for families

Anyone who has raised a yellow lab from puppy-hood knows how affectionate and loving these dogs are and can grow to be.

3. They're always friendly

Right alongside being great for families, this is one happy dog.

4. They love to swim

My puppy may wear a lifejacket when she jumps into the water, but she definitely loves to swim. In fact, the beach is one of her favorite places ever!

5. They get along with other dogs

Yellow labs don't have a reputation for being crazy or aggressive, and they always love to play with any dog they encounter on a walk or in a park.

6. They're protective

Just because yellow labs don’t have an aggressive reputation doesn’t mean they won’t always protect their owners no matter what.

7. They’re the cutest dogs!

In my opinion, they’re even cuter than chocolate and black labs. Just look at this face!