How To Make Your New Year's Resolutions Stick

Actually accomplish your resolutions this year

6
henry4school

With 2016 gone, it's time that your New Year's Resolutions start sinking in. For me, every year begins the same routine: I write out my resolutions, secretly knowing I'll accomplish maybe two of them. However, I'm trying a different approach this year. For 2017, I actually want to accomplish my resolutions and put in the work to make them happen.

Before you even start writing out your resolutions, really think about them. Are your goals attainable? Instead of giving yourself a tremendous task, start with small steps. Therefore, if you get discouraged that you didn't get your bikini body by spring break, you have a break down of how to continue pursuing your goal. If your goal is to lose weight, use an app that tracks your weight and nutrition so you can visualize your progress over time.

If your goals are financial, use an app like Mint to track your spending. If you are looking to save money and not tracking your spending, how will you ever know how to cut back? Spend less money going out to eat and learn how to cook for yourself. Also, sell some of your old clothes to stores like Buffalo Exchange. It's a great way to de-clutter your closet and make some extra cash.

You won't be able to reach your goal the first day. Especially if you want to lose weight, progress takes place over time. Build up your workouts gradually and before you know it, you'll be running a 5k.

Lastly, embrace your new lifestyle. By sticking to your old routine, you won't be allowing your goals into your life. Be willing to change the schedule of your day to allow in more time to exercise, read, meditate, etc. This time is an investment in your goals, but more importantly, yourself.

So get out there and pursue your New Year's Resolutions! Next thing you know, you'll be looking back at the end of 2017, thankful that you worked so hard.