One Year Since I Committed To Pacific

One Year Since I Committed To Pacific

Well a little over a year, but close enough.

7
One Year Since I Committed To Pacific
Gina Kelley

On April 13th 2016 I announced my intention to attend Pacific University Oregon in the fall. The next day I sent in my deposit making it as official as it could be. While this article is coming out about two weeks after that anniversary I have been thinking about that since the post came up on my Facebook memories.

Looking at this post is such an odd feeling; I remember sitting on the couch and my mom and I agreeing that I was officially attending Pacific and rewriting this post a couple of times and spending plenty of time choosing the perfect senior photo to go with it. But here I am nearing the end of my second semester of my freshman year here at Pacific. I remember moving in like it was yesterday, but I've already started planning my move out day. I have so many vivid memories of my first couple weeks of college, what it was like going home for the first time, and how weird it is to think that I have not been home since January.

My life has changed so dramatically since I shared that facebook post. I am still so incredibly grateful for this opportunity I have been awarded and worked so hard to achieve. So to everyone who has helped along the way thank you so much because I would not be at college studying what I love, on a campus that I love, with people that I love without you.