Yanks-BoSox Rivalry Reignites

Yanks-BoSox Rivalry Reignites

The Best Rivalry In Sports

111
Yanks-BoSox Rivalry Reignites
wikimedia

On Wednesday, April 12th, the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox had a benches-clearing brawl that ignited what has been a rivalry on a downward trend. Over the recent years, either the Sox haven't been good and the Yankees have or the other way around. This year looks like it is going to be different.

Finally this year we are getting what we have been waiting years for, the best rivalry in sports seems to back to what we expect it to be. This rivalry, as I said, is one of the best in sports, and after the off-season that these two teams had this year they both look like they can contend for a world series this year and many more down the road. If you don't know about the past of the Red Sox and Yankees, then I would say you might live under a very big rock. But honestly, back in the years of the Sox having Pedro Martinez, Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz and the Yankees having Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter and many others looked like the rivalry had reached its peak in years. Both teams hated each other with a burning passion, if a bench-clearing brawl didn't happen once a year then it was uncommon.

Now this year each team has a bunch of new faces that are some of the biggest in the league and seem to be back to hating each other. Which to me is good for baseball and what the fans ultimately want to see in the end. One of the problems that I don't like about sports today is that everyone is buddy-buddy with everyone. It's not how things used to be when my dad watched baseball and even other sports as a kid. Having the competitive nature of having a hatred for the other team was something that made baseball more appealing back then, last night Sports Center was about 75 percent baseball because of the brawl. This coming on the last day of the NBA season where a lot was still to be determined.

The biggest and best thing that I take away is this is only game two of 18 this year between the two teams. This is what I personally want to see and hope that it continues boiling to give those bragging rights to who ever comes out of the AL East and maybe even the World Series. The greatest rivalry in sports is to be continued.