Neptune retrograde

The Sun, The Moon, And The Retrograde

Here's an amateur science lesson for those feeling the intuition boost this month.

283
Nicole Ofiesh
Nicole Ofiesh

If you are anything like me, you find comfort in what the sky holds. At some point, it held everything that makes up our bodies. What we are composed of comes from the stars, and the coolest part is that the sky continues to power us. The sun is what gives our planet and everything on it LIFE. A beautiful thing. Our connection to the sky is something I've been able to feel. The stars and the planets guide us from their vast distance, and each movement can change the way we think.

I am no Astrologist, Astronomer, Astronaut, AstroANYTHING. I'm just curious. I am completely aware that the star sign shit could be a load of mumbo-jumbo, but I find comfort in it. Letting yourself connect to the space around you - the endless space around you - allows incredible mental growth. Your mind learns to be as limitless as the sky, and you will look up for answers.

A lot of people have learned to look to the stars for guidance. Horoscopes and all other zodiac related practices rely on the stars. They rely on the way the stars aligned when you were born, and your sign can say many things about your character. What most people don't look into is the effect of other planets in our solar system. The most common knowledge is probably Mercury's retrograde, which is known for screwing with your electronics. But what do you know about Neptune?

To stray, I've been preaching this planetary movement for weeks now. My friends probably hate me. Shit happens, all I can say is "Neptune, dude."

Alright but lets look into retrograde. It's a word I'm sure we've all heard, but what does it mean? When a planet is in prograde, it is orbiting in the same direction that it turns about it's axis. This is what occurs a majority of the time, and we do not feel any kind of pull. When a planet enters retrograde, it appears to orbit in the opposite direction, due to our orbiting around the sun. Just to be clear, the planet does not physically reverse directions. They can't do that.

The retrograde of each planet last for different periods of time, different frequencies, and the effect is in very different ways. Right now, Neptune seems to be moving backward across the sky. This movement has been occurring for a month and will continue to occur through November. And this doesn't occur as often as many other retrogrades, but it sure is sticking around. Neptune is on the outer edges of our solar system, so this is a retrograde that you may feel less than others, however, if you're a water sign, like me (Pisces), you are more influenced than others. You resist the change less. Hopefully, now that I am bringing it to your attention, you'll pick up on the ways it is affecting you.

Look for the realities you seem to be facing. When Neptune's retrograde is in transit, we see things as they are. We trash the all of the imaginary comfort stuff that we have created in our head. And this can be hard. You face some difficult truths during this period, but it's the best time to make decisions. It's the only time that we aren't fogged by the what if's. If you ever chose to listen to your gut, do it during Neptune's retrograde, because it creates sound decisions.

The intuition that comes from this free site is liberating. Once you see it's there, you feel weightless. You can really see, and I mean really see. That is, you see people for what they are truly worth. You see your future. And you finally see the ways you may have been lying to yourself. Maybe now is the time you find the root of your pain that you have been sweeping under the rug. Spend the time to get comfortable in a spot with yourself. Grow. Use this to better yourself when Neptune returns to prograde.

This transit comes with a few other things. Increased creativity and spirituality. Love, and love that is eager. Motivation to act on our thoughts. But this all stems from clear sight. You connect with your spiritual self. You are able to connect with others. And you make the decisions that would be harder to make a month ago.

If you take one thing away from this, let it be don't let Neptune kick your ass. The easiest thing to do would be to give in to the loss of comfort. It can be hard to see your relationships with others, or with yourself as they are. Neptune will wake you up, learn to be a morning person.