How Writing Freely Changes The Game

How Writing Freely Changes The Game

I have been participating in free writes in my writing class for several weeks. It adds creativity to the writing process and helps bring out ideas that you might not use in your regular writing. I decided to take part in a free write and this is what I came up with.

10
depositphotos

Writing. An art form filled with true beauty. There is always something that needs to be said regardless of what it may be. It takes time to get comfortable with one's voice. It takes time to create a piece of literature that will make an impact not just on the writer's life, but on the lives of others. Writing involves a process. A process that may come across differently depending on the writer. Writing involves time.

Time. It continues to move forward despite if you are ready or not. There is no way to stop the clock from ticking. Time will always move forward. It is irreversible. It is unstoppable. It is constantly changing. Writing and time correspond with one another. Time means everything to a writer. Making deadlines, submitting to an editor to proof, printing out thirty copies to edit your own changes. Writing is an art form that comes from a process. A process filled with time.

Every writer is different. Some are similar and some are different. The processes may be adapted and changed throughout years of experience. Writers are unique. Literature is everlasting.

There is no better feeling in the world than to be on a roll with your writing. Writer's block is serious. A pen that glides across the paper smoothly and constant clicking from the keyboard on a computer is music to a writer's ears. The writer needs to put in the work. The writer needs to establish a plan and continue with that plan through a process that will lead to a masterpiece.

Writing gives me comfort. Writing gives me a sense of belonging. Writing is my whole life. The art of writing makes me who I am. I lose myself in my work and create articles, short stories, poems, and ideas for novels that I want to share with the world. It is going to take time and hard work to get to where I want to go with my writing. I know this and I have to make sure I put my best foot forward to continue to improve as a writer.

Writing does not always come across as easy to others, but once you get in that flow you cannot stop. Each piece is different from the last. The process may be the same or change over time depending on your experiences.

I want to write. I need to write. I have that drive. I have the ideas that can turn into something extraordinary. I am determined to establish a career with writing. Writing brings me joy and makes me feel whole inside. I have various ideas that I need to share with the world. I write not only for myself, but for others. I write for those going through some of the same experiences as me. I write for those who might not want to speak up. I write because it is my everything.