Why Writing Is Good For Your Soul

Why Writing Is Good For Your Soul

87

Personally, I love writing. I write almost every day, whether it's my feelings, an idea, a short story, or even for school. I believe everyone should try to write every day, even if it's just a jot of a dream or a story of something crazy that happened to you. It's good for your soul, mind and pretty much everything else. There can be no harm done in writing.

Writing can be very therapeutic. Let's face it; not everyone wants to hear you rant about every little thing that goes wrong in your life. Or maybe there's no one around at the time to listen to you. What can you do when you have a lot of feels? Write them down! It doesn't have to make sense. It's for yourself to rant, cry, cheer or anything else you need to do. It can be as messy or as orderly as you want it to be.

Sometimes, you just need to organize your views and opinions. It goes hand-in-hand with writing down your feelings. It makes it so much easier to form and develop your own opinions when you can see it in writing. Writing makes your thoughts visible. It helps you easily explain a complex position you may have. It can be anything from political, religious, or maybe even just how you view the world.

What other type of communication allows you to edit it until you're satisfied? You're not in the heat of the moment when responding with writing. You don't always have to let your first response be the response everyone hears. You can organize it, refine it, make it make sense.

Honestly, any type of career you have will most likely have some sort of writing aspect to it. Writing more will also obviously improve your skills and therefore giving you a push in the job market. It's an essential skill to have. If you do not have good writing skills, you will be handicapped in the career field. If you grow up dreading writing of any sort, you will learn to hate that part of your career.

Writing is a great way to leave the real world for a few minutes or a few hours. It's like reading; you're completely immersed in another world. However, with writing, you are in control. You get to make your own ending to the story. You get to control someone's life completely from the tip of your pen.

It pushes your thought process beyond a first impression or gut feeling. It allows you to think without the pressure of being forced to respond right away. You can put down some ideas and leave them alone for a while, then come back and be able to reflect upon it.

In so many different ways, it's an outlet for someone to escape reality or get their thoughts in order. Everyone should try to write every day. It's so beneficial to your soul and your peace of mind.

Writing is awesome, and there is nothing you can do or say to persuade me otherwise. No matter how many writing assignments I receive that I may dislike, writing will always be held high in my heart.