Stop Reading Poetry Books and Write Your Own Poetry

If You're Looking For A Way To Express Yourself, Then Stop Reading Poetry And Start Writing It

We all love to read poetry that resonates us, but have you ever thought about writing your own?

24

I don't know if it's just me, but I see excerpts from poetry books almost everywhere on social media. The picture of the simple lines with a few minimalistic flowers drawn at the bottom of the page. Yeah, those poetry books. Now I am not saying that poetry books are bad, I definitely have a few that I love.

All I am saying is that writing my own poetry feels so much better.

Before I started writing poetry I was extremely nervous. I felt like it had to be perfect and that I would just feel bad about what I had written, but that was not the case. I know that my poetry is definitely not the best poetry on the market, and I would probably never share anything I have written with anyone else, but I have found that writing poetry helps me find out who I am.

I am one of those people who loves to write down their thoughts and express themselves through words, but I don't consider myself very creative in my writing. It's usually more about my feelings, which come from real-world experience. Poetry has helped me get more in touch with my creative side, and I also think that it has helped me to find my writing personality.

Although poetry seems like a daunting type of writing to produce, I think that it is so beautiful and achievable by all writers just because of its structure. Good poetry evokes emotions and feelings that the reader may not have known they had, which I think is part of the reason people love poetry books so much. These books give a creative voice to what an author is feeling, which gives poetry a very mystical and freeing value.

If you are looking for a way to express yourself outside of journaling, try poetry. I have really come to love it.