Why This Season Of 'The Bachelorette' Is The Worst Yet

There's still time to improve, but there's a lot to recover from.

45

This year continues to offer us nothing but bologna. "The Bachelor" franchise decided that Pilot Pete's excruciating season wasn't enough torture. In addition, we didn't even get "Bachelor in Paradise" this summer. It was for good reason, but still a bummer. You would think the franchise would be able to deliver with this season since the bar has been set so low. Nonetheless, "The Bachelor" franchise did the unthinkable and gave us the worst season yet.

I'll admit, it was kind of exciting to have a Bachelorette that was a bit older. I expected there to be minimal drama. I had high expectations for Clare Crawley, which was my first mistake. Thinking there would be minimal drama was my second mistake. The "drama" that occurred was, to put this simply, weird. Clare sent Brandon home at a moment's notice because he didn't know every single thing about her. Then, there was Yosef who was offended by all the other guy's coming home from a group date with their Pilot Pete's out. This whole season was just off from the start.

Moving on to the very obvious reason why this is the worst season, Clare fell in love with Dale after spending approximately 8 minutes together. I cannot imagine what Dale was thinking while holding that boulder of a ring about to propose to someone he knew for literally about 8 minutes. I certainly know what I was thinking--"This b***h is crazy!" We cannot forget about the amazing men she left behind. What makes this season even worse was this amazing group of guys not getting a lick of attention from Clare.

I was ecstatic to hear that Tayshia Adams would be taking over as the new Bachelorette. However, another thing that is making this season so bad is Tayshia feeling like she's the second choice. She has been a very unproblematic person within the franchise, besides the John Pauls Jones heartbreak that I won't get into. She didn't really deserve all these guys telling her that they had feelings for Clare. It's nice they're willing to share how they feel, but that doesn't take into account how she's feeling.

There was also the addition of 4 new men. I can already tell they're going to stir things up. The guys who were left were too mature and composed for 'The Bachelor' franchise, so some catalysts needed added to get the drama stirring.

It's hard to tell what more this terrible season will have to offer. The previews aren't looking promising, but one can hope it'll end on a strong note. If not, we cross our fingers for a better Bachelor next season.