As a child, it was such an exciting feeling to wake up on Easter morning.

You would spend that morning near the entryway of your home, waiting for the famous Easter bunny to ring the doorbell or knock on the door. After hearing that anticipated sound at the door, you'd take off running as fast as your little legs would take you in an attempt to catch a glimpse of this lightning-fast animal that never seemed to fail you in the candy department.

Your disappointment from missing him was always immediately forgotten because of the giant basket that he left behind.

As an adult, I still get an Easter basket, and no matter how old I get, I'm still just as excited as I was when I was five.

Only these days, my taste buds are more developed, and just because it's loaded with sugar doesn't mean it's gonna cut it.

Below is a list of Easter candies that belong in the trash rather than in a basket.

1. Peeps

peeps

There is nothing worse than a Peep, and if you like them you're a psychopath.

2. Brach's Jellybeans

brach's jelly beans

Brach's jellybeans are the worst. They taste like cleaning supplies.

Starburst jellybeans are the move.

3. Robin Eggs

robin eggs

Points for festivity, but it still doesn't change the fact that they're gross.

4. Cadbury Creme Eggs

cadbury eggs

I honestly just can't get over the mess.

5. Jordan Almonds

jordan almonds

First of all, these shouldn't even be considered a candy. Second, good luck eating these without breaking a tooth.

6. Hollow Chocolate Bunnies

hollow chocolate bunny

A lot of people oppose solid bunnies because it's just "too much chocolate." In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much chocolate and these hollow bunnies just don't provide enough.

7. Ferrero Rocher

ferrero rocher

My sister likes these and I always gag when I see them poking out of her basket. Ferrero Rocher = TRASH.

8. Bunny Corn

bunny corn

Like candy corn, but with different colors — and it's just as bad in the spring as it was in the fall.

9. Russell Stover Marshmallow Eggs

marshmallow eggs

Again with the marshmallows?

10.  Edible Easter Grass

edible easter grass

I just wanna know who came up with this idea? Who let this happen? This is just not okay.