Why The World Needs More Kaitlyn Bristowes

Why the World Needs More Kaitlyn Bristowes

She's an acquired taste, if you don't like her, acquire some taste

67
@kaitlynbristowe

This beautiful woman graced our T.V. screens in 2015 on farmer Chris Soules season of the bachelor with the funniest opening line in Bachelor franchise history: "you can plow the (bleep) out of my fields any day". Throughout the season her wit and beauty left me rooting for her and even when Chris didn't choose her she still kept her head high and I followed her journey.

Kaitlyn went on to have her season of the Bachelorette and was engaged up until recently but honestly, none of that is relevant to who she is, it's just what made her get on my radar.

Kaitlyn is an inspiration, a role model, and a boss b*tch who empowers women every single day. The world needs more Kaitlyn Bristowes, and here's why:

1. She keeps it real

KB gets it. She knows that Insta is generally a highlight reel but let's be honest, we all have days where we don't feel beautiful or strong and we don't want to be vulnerable with our followers. Kaitlyn uses #realstagrams with @rawbeautytalks to encourage women to be themselves online.

2. She's funny AF

From her Insta to her Twitter to her Podcast KB keeps me laughing ALWAYS. Her posts and comments will no doubt bring a smile to my face. Her humor is dry, the sarcasm is real, and the Family Guy references DO NOT STOP. If you can't handle that then you just don't understand comedy. If you ever need a good laugh, check out her live tweet saga from The Emmy's

3. She empowers women

I really identify with Kaitlyn in the fact that we are both v skinny people. Like her, I receive many comments like "eat a burger", KB has to deal with it on a much larger level than I. Check out the above Insta post. She looks PHENOM! But then check out the comments. Kaitlyn addressed it on her podcast and it was amazing to know that other people dealt with I had dealt with before too.

And she does this often. She stands up for all women, check out this episode of her podcast for more.

4. She's not afraid of food

And it is the bologna. (if you know, you know)

5. She has good taste

If you know me, you know I love all people who love wine. KB is a wine enthusiast and I seriously can't wait to try her wine line (@KB where is your wine line!!!??)

6. She's beautiful

I mean WHAT?! She really is all that AND a bag of chips.

7. She's a business owner

As KB herself would say "girls gotta eat". She started a scrunchie line earlier this year and it is BALLER. Get your hands on a Dew Edit scrunchie ASAP. (I recommend getting on the email list though, they sell out fast).

She also is the host of her own podcast "Off the Vine" and it is a feel-good show. I always feel like I'm hanging out with friends when I listen to it.

8. She's unapologetic 

If my girl KB is anything, she's unapologetic. She says what she means no matter how unfiltered. She knows how to be vulnerable, even when it's hard. She stays true to herself even in the hard times and I will always love her for that.

I love this woman and I truly believe the world needs more women like her. Women who build each other up rather than tear down, who work hard and hustle in every aspect of their lives. I love you KB, thanks for being an inspiration.