Imagining If World Leaders Were Players On A Soccer Team

World Leaders XI: Mussolini's Boys

14
popsugar.com

Throughout history leaders have come and gone, some more influential than others. Despite their very different ideologies as politicians, these powerful leaders have had a great impact on modern times. But what about on the soccer pitch?

COACH: Benito “Il Duce” Mussolini

Not only is he a leader of high degree. Apparently, “Il Duce” has proven himself to be in good hands with referees. After proceeding to the final in the World Cup on home ground in 19**, the opponents from Austria filed several complaints. “When I passed for the ball out to the right wing, one of our players, Cicek, ran for it and the referee headed it back to the Italians. It was unbelievable,” one of the Austrian strikers said. Later, Mussolini was said to be the man behind it. This guy will do whatever it takes to win, but will he have the authority to handle this mixed portion of ideologies?

GK (C) Adolf Hitler

The German “Speilführer” does already proudly wear the band around his arm. With a belligerent attitude and strict mindset, Hitler would be able to dictate from the goal (close enough to a bunker, right?). However, it is a risky selection, as Hitler might have announced his hatred for other ethnicities at some point in his life…

Anyway, his teammates better obey, or else he might screw around in the locker room showers at half time.

LB: Mahatma Ghandi

Ghandi is a reliable workforce: a simple man, loved by his supporters. Even though he is a constant alternative in every offensive attack, he is the first one to track back and confess his errors.

CB: Josef Stalin

A traditional, tough “giant” at the center back position that arises like one of the many statues he created of himself during the Soviet era. Stalin is an adamantine man who governs the back line with an iron fist. No individualists, but Stalin fights for a strong collective. Try too much, and he would not think twice before using his “Russian steel” to tackle you down. Stalin is also involved in the competition with Hitler: who has the most repellent mustache?

CB: Mao Zedong

The former Chinese superior is wrought with the same sort of Communist steel as his colleague, but will they be able to cooperate? Learning from his mistakes, Zedong will probably not take too many runs from his position. Not only due to his lack of shape, last time his “Great Run” failed and killed millions of Chinese.

RB: Nelson Mandela

Knowing how it feels to be captured, Mandela will keep working despite being trapped amongst people with vastly different ideologies. Clever-minded and experienced, Mandela said, “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.” Well, I guess you’re staying home on offensive corner kicks!

DCM: Kim Jong Il

To threaten others, you ought to have a secure defense. Kim Jong Il knows exactly what that means. Let’s be honest, could you have a more restricted nation? By doing the dirty work at central field, he gives room to more creative leaders up front. How much fun is that, you think? Well, according to his own biography, Jong Il has had his amount of fun already; he's been accused of dishonesty, drunkenness, and sexual excess.

CM: Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro knows how to come back from nothing, as an underdog. Fighting to get his voice heard, Castro is ready to take action and make the necessary changes on the midfield.

CM: Robert Mugabe

Mugabe is a hardworking man who does not really shine in the glance of many of his teammates. However, he often uses violent methods to put an end to what he believes is wrong. The amount of red and yellow cards is beyond count for this aggressive militant. Beware, opponent!

LW: Vladimir Putin

Putin is a determined winger who does not seem to listen to criticism from the masses. He simply wants to do it his way, preferably through a one-man-show performance. If he fails to pass his opponent, nothing can stop him from trying again. Those who oppose his ideals will simply be shut out from the discussion.

RW: Osama Bin Laden

Bin Laden is hiding out on the wing, trying to figure out how to disintegrate the defense. Maybe he could try to explode in from far when they are not prepared? Truly the worst nightmare for a defender, like chasing a shadow, and Bin Laden is constantly lurking around the offside line.

ST: Barack Obama

The former collegiate basketball player will have a great advantage as target player against most defenders. In the same way he assists the Congress’ idea of ObamaCare, he would be able to use his head to serve others in the march for a goal.