The 4 Stages Of The Workweek Hustle

For Fitbit users the start of a new week means only one thing: it’s time for a new Workweek Hustle Challenge! For those of you who don’t have Fitbits (I am honestly sorry for you, you should really get one), the Workweek Hustle Challenge allows you to challenge up to ten friends and every time you sync your Fitbit, it updates your progress and alerts your friends to how you’re doing. Now you might be asking yourself, “why do I care how many steps my roommate has gotten this week?” well the answer to that question is simple: competition. The Workweek Hustle Challenge immediately becomes an intense challenge between you and your friends, and quite possibly might bring out a competitive side you didn’t even know you had before! Another benefit to the challenge is if you’re being a lazy butt, not only will you know but your friends will know as well. It is a great motivator for you to make sure you’re being active and getting those 10,000 steps in! That buzz on your wrist every day, letting you know that you hit your goal, is honestly addictive! You can ask anyone who knows me, it doesn’t matter if we're in the middle of a serious conversation, I’ll interrupt it to let you know that I’ve “hit 10,000.”

Stage 1: The Invitation To The Challenge

• *Ally J. has invited you to the Workweek Hustle Challenge*.
  • Accept.
  • *Emily M. is in* Yeah that's right I'm in!
  • Depending on how well you did last week you're either here for redemption, or to keep dominating.
  • Obviously, I dominated last week.
  • *Teresa Z., Caroline L., Emily H., and Audrey H. are all in!*
  • Pshhhh these ladies aren't even going to know what's hit them! I'm not just gonna get 10,000 steps per day, I'm gonna get 15,000!

Stage 2: Day 1 — Your Most Successful Day

• You wake up feeling good. You know that you’re gonna kill it this week!
  • You hit the gym and gain a solid 6,000 steps before noon.
  • Time to sync for the first time.
  • *Emily M. Just flew into first place!*
  • Yeah that’s right I did! Take that!
  • *Teresa Z. and Ally J. are catching up to you.*
  • Oh no! I better go to Target, even though all I need is some paper towels, so I can get some more steps in!
  • ***Buzz, buzz, buzz***
  • Yassss! 10,000 steps!!
  • Lol, now that that’s taken care of I’m just gonna spend the rest of my day in bed with some Netflix.

Stage 3: Days 2, 3, and 4

• These are the middle of the challenge days, and the ones with the most impact. They can make or break you.
  • On day two, you’re still riding off the hype of doing well on day one, so you start off a little slow. However you end the day by doing laps around your apartment in order to make it to that 10,000.
  • When day three rolls around you’re honestly not feeling it. It’s hump day and to you that means that you don’t want to get out of bed all day. You eventually get up to go to the grocery store, to get some steps in. You totally went enough steps in the parking lot and in the store to burn off all the calories in that Ben & Jerry’s ice cream that you just bought.
  • Day four and you’re back on track! You hit the gym in the morning and have a solid 7,000 steps in by early afternoon. You then get the rest in by pacing around your apartment.

Stage 4: Day 5 — The Final Stretch

• The last day of the Workweek Hustle begins on Friday, and as soon as you get up, you check your steps and standing. You may or may not be in first place, but you’re determined to get there by midnight!
  • You go about your day as usual, getting in about the same amount of steps you did the rest of the week, however you decide to spend the afternoon relaxing because you’re totally going to get in the last of your steps when you go out with your friends later.
  • LOL, you decided to cancel on going out because your bed and some ice cream sounded so much better than getting all dressed up to go out, so you fail to get your 10,000 steps.
  • As you get the “The Workweek Hustle has now ended!” notification, you shudder to check your standing.
  • Oh well, better luck next week!

Do you have a group of friends who you do the Workweek Hustle challenge with? Share this article and tag them!