6 Reasons Why Silestone Worktops Are Ideal For Modern Bathrooms

Let us look at some of the reasons why Silestone Worktops are gaining popularity.

22

With the growing trend of home improvement, people are focusing and spending more freely on improving their bathrooms as well. For many, the silence of the bathroom acts as a place of relieving stress and getting innovative ideas. Whether you are one of those people who get inspiration in their bathroom or someone who only looks for a minimum level of comfort and convenience in it, bathroom worktops do require considerable attention.

When it comes to bathroom worktops, there was a time when options were very limited. Thanks to the attention and popularity and technological refinement that this area received, you now have many options to choose from. These options include laminate worktops, natural stones, like granite, slate, limestone, soapstone or marble, ceramic/porcelain tile worktops, Silestone worktops etc. There are important factors to keep in mind while choosing bathroom worktop material.

These factors include the cost, durability, styling effect, availability of design and color and the maintenance associated with the material. Different materials or types of worktops perform differently on these factors. Therefore, a closer look at them is essential before investing in them. If we look at quality and popularity, granite, marble and quartz or Silestone worktops perform better.

Silestone worktops for bathrooms are a popular choice among homeowners, and thus, worthy of your consideration. Silestone is basically 90 to 94 percent natural quartz and resins and polymers make up the rest of it. Silestone has a lot of benefits, which make Silestone kitchen worktops as popular as the bathroom ones. Let us look at some of the reasons for its popularity:

1. Material strength and quality

Quartz is extremely hard and of superior quality. It has a beautiful and glossy finish, which suits the surroundings of a bathroom. Its material strength, quality and looks make it a highly durable option. This is also the reason that it is a bit expensive. It is still a brilliant option because it can last a lifetime and doesn't get easily damaged. It is resistant to chipping, cracking and scratching.

2. Design and color options

A modern bathroom has to be good looking and stylish. This makes Silestone worktops a great choice because of the abundance of design and color options available in the market. Endless design and color options in Silestone would help you ensure that your worktop matches with the interior theme of your bathroom.

Coloring in Silestone is actually more uniform than it is with natural stones. This adds to the advantage it has over other materials. Options range from a variety of solid colors to those worktops that resemble the look of granite or marble while providing the benefits of Silestone.

3. Easy to maintain

Silestone is easy to maintain, as it is non-porous and doesn't catch dirt that easily. It can be washed with lukewarm water and mild detergent or soap. Its impeccable strength means it won't require frequent repair or maintenance.

4. Hygienic and stain resistant

Hygiene is a crucial factor for any product used in the home, particularly bathrooms. Being non-porous, Silestone worktops prevent bacterial or mould growth, making them a hygienic option over other materials.They are also stain and heat resistant.

5. Cost-effective and easy to install

No doubt Silestone worktops are a bit expensive, but they are a good investment, as they don't require frequent repairs and may last a lifetime. Their durability and capability to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your bathroom make them a cost-effective option.

They are also lighter than natural stones, like granite and marble. This makes Silestone easier to fit and install. The installation charges are usually lower for larger projects as well.

6. Styling options and appeal

There are various styling options available with these worktops. The options range from mitred edge detailing to concrete effect and giving the resemblance of a marble layout. These styling options give you control over the appeal of your bathroom.

You can greatly enhance the beauty and comfort of your bathroom with Silestone worktops. Customization options are widely available these days with most sellers and also allow you to make changes to the design. This way, you can have a worktop that suits your practical needs in the bathroom as much as the styling needs.