What to expect when working with a friend

7 Reasons Working In The Same Office As Your Best Friend Is The Only way To Work

It's like a nonstop version of "The Office," minus Jim, sadly.

51

Traditionally, your co-workers become your best friend. But what happens when your best friend becomes your co-worker? It's a hilarious, unproductive, adventure that you will cherish every day. Well, your co-workers may not cherish it since you can't stop laughing at each other's text messages.

My best friend started working in my office six months ago and while we are in different departments, her joining my work life has been one of the biggest blessings I could ask for. If your best friend is about to convert from your friend life to your professional life, don't fret.

You'll have your good days and bad days in the office, but your bestie will be there through it all. You'll have moments where you'll scream across the office,"Take a deep breath and shove some chocolate in your mouth." or "Let's not quit our jobs today."

But most importantly... you'll experience the following things once you start to work together.

1. You text each other what you're going to wear to make sure you're both on the same level of business-causal.

Katryna Eastwood

Katryna Eastwood

"Do you like this scarf or should I wear a grey scarf instead?"

"Is the eyeshadow too much?"

"Should I put my hair up or just leave it like this?

"If Chris Pratt just walked into the office, would he fall in love me with this outfit or just go meh?"

2. You constantly check up on each other when you're not in the office to make sure you aren't missing anything important (or interesting).

Personal

Personal

You'll never be uninformed during a sick day since your besties got your back. You're also updated on any office drama, even if the drama is "The person who sits next to you lost their pencil and everyone is trying to find it."

3. You know each other's coffee order so early morning coffee surprises are common and much appreciated.

Katryna Eastwood

Katryna Eastwood

"Here. An iced cinnamon coffee with almond milk. Happy Monday."

Bonus points if you get a scone, too.

4. Sometimes when office life gets a little dull, your bestie will mix it up a bit. And this happens so much that nothing seems strange anymore.

Katryna Eastwood

Katryna Eastwood

And yes, they did get cheesecake for everyone because they were craving it. And yes, they did come back to the office and eat it. And yes, they did enjoy it.

5. You leave each other cute (and sometimes random) notes when you're not there.

Katryna Eastwood

Katryna Eastwood

These notes are typically on sticky notes so you can show off your best friendness for all who are curious of your best friendness.

6. You spend 99.5% of your lunch breaks together

Lily Cooper

Lily Cooper

The .5% is when the other is not there or if there's a random lunch meeting.

7. And since you literally spend so much time together and can't get enough of each other for some reason, you do things after work together, too.

Katryna Eastwood

Katryna Eastwood

Even if it's something hard like a workout class. You gotta keep your bestie on track for her fitness goals. You never know when Chris Pratt is going to walk into the office. And then you'll really regret missing that 5 p.m. yoga class.