The Lines Project: Share your own Story and Support Others

Each line represents an experience and we're all stronger because of them

3335
Taken by Nicole Masaki

If someone asked you to wear your biggest secrets, biggest personal battles in color coated lines across your arms, would you do it?

Recently a friend of mine shared a photo she found on Instagram for #TheLinesProject3. This project is in support of and for the empowerment of taboo things that people go through everyday. It helps to bring the stigma away from day to day issues that everyone either goes through themselves or knows someone who does.

Each color stands for something different; if it applies to you it goes on your left arm and if you are supporting those going through it you put it on your right arm. This particular project runs from October 19th-26th. It may only be a week, but imagine how many people's lives you might touch just by having a couple colored lines on your arm. Imagine what you could change in your own mindset just by being brave and sharing your own dark points in your life. We all change who we are into who we want others to perceive us, why not change into who we really are for a week?

I color-coded my arms the past couple days and it was incredible how many people asked me what it was for and what each color stood for.

You might be surprised how beautiful a rainbow can look.