7 Of The Best Things About Working With Kids
Family Friends

From snotty noses to sloppy kisses, I have the best job in the world.

528
Ally Mishell Smith

I've worked with kids or around kids for as long as I can remember. It's hard, but its the best job in the entire world. I can't thank God enough that this is where he placed me for this season of my life, and I'll forever be grateful that I get to wake up and be surrounded by tiny humans most days out of the week.

There are so many great and wonderful things about this job, but here are 10 of my personal favorites.

1. Every day is a different day.

When you're with kids, not one day is going to be like the other. Kid's are unpredictable, and it's hard to predict if you're going to have a good or rough day.

2. Playtime is never over.

I always knew that kids had the biggest imagination, but I never realized just how big their imagination really was until I got to witness it firsthand. They could play for hours and always find something new to do or create.

3. You get to channel your inner Food Network Chef when it comes to mealtime.

Sometimes, when You're kid needs to eat but won't touch their food, you throw your chef's hat on and start thinking. Whether it's making 'pink' eggs or cutting peanut butter and jelly into a star, you gotta do what you gotta do.

4. Everyone gets excited to see you when you go to work.

Rather than going to an office job where all you may get is a nod and a 'good morning,' when you work with kids, you get greeted at the door with hugs and kisses and everyone is excited to see you.

5. You get all the cuddles.

When they hurt their toe or some take their toy, You get approximately 30 seconds of hugs and cuddles before they move past it and go on about their business.

6. You're constantly wiping noses and sticky hands, but still, somehow end up covered in snot and a mysterious stain.

I'm basically just a giant napkin at this point.

7. The sloppy kisses are the best kind of kisses.

Nothing compares to having a sweet angel baby look at you and ask to give you a kiss. It makes my heart flutter.