Tips For The Working College Student

Yes, working and going to school can be extremely difficult. And while there's no way to completely rid your life of all the struggles that come with it, there are some things you can do to improve your time juggling everything in your life.

Find a job that's flexible

Working while also going to school can be difficult on it's own. The last thing you need is a job that's not willing to work with your schedule.

Keep a planner

I know it can be difficult to get into the habit of using one, but I swear this will help you tremendously.

Stay healthy

There can be a lot of juggling between school and work. So don't forget to take a step back every now and then. Don't overwork yourself, if you need a break take it.

Request time-off ASAP

If you know you're going to need extra time to study for your big chem final, then request time off to study as soon as you can.

It's alright to skip out on social gatherings

Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with friends. But sometimes you can put yourself in a sticky situation when you go out instead of finishing your homework. So have fun with friends, but make sure you'll be stress-free after.

Look into online classes

If your school offers online courses, try taking one or two. It may turn out to be a great option for you.

Try not to procrastinate

I know it sounds hard, you'd much rather sit and watch "The Office" than start your paper that isn't due for another 2 weeks, but it will save you so much stress in the end.