Working Toward Happy

Working Toward Happy

The importance of learning how to stop a bad moment from turning into a bad day

228
https://www.pexels.com/photo/photography-of-woman-surrounded-by-sunflowers-1263986/
Andre Furtado on Pexels.com

I'm going to start this out by saying life can be absolute shit at what may seem to be 99.9% of the time. Trust me when I say that I know it is easier said than done to respond in a positive way when things don't work as planned. When you're hit by heartbreaking news or if your friend is just being a jerk, it's so much easier to become a worse version of yourself in response to the situation. Lash out, become moody or just be mean.

But when that flip switches and your mood instantly changes, the entirety of the day after an unwanted event occurs is now characterized as a bad day. Life sucks, everyone is out to get you and nothing is going your way, right?

Wrong.

That is the situation you create, what you tell yourself. The outcome of your day and your mood are in the hands of yourself. Annoying people do annoying things and bad people do bad things to us but when you let it get to you, you let them win. Why have one person or one thing take five minutes from you and ruin your day entirely? Things are going to happen but once you learn to brush it off and realize how irrelevant that moment may be in the grand scheme of things, your outlook changes.

https://flawedbutworthy.com/2018/01/31/so-you-had-a-bad-day/

I'm not perfect, no one is. Like many people I let small things crawl under my skin and make myself go crazy, forcing my self-esteem and mood to plummet. However, the more "bad days" I have, the more I ask myself "what's the point?" What's the point of making myself upset over something so small and possibly stupid?" There is no reason. But, there is a point of understanding the strength you have to change your mood. Your ability to choose to be your best self. There are so many more reasons to smile than you realize.

This is just a reminder to smile more and try to be happy. Try not to overanalyze every situation and try to be nicer.

Just try.