Exercising Made Easy

Working Out, The Easy Way

And the cheap way, too!

42

If you're like me, a college student with no time or a high school student who spends all their time doing schoolwork, then you can relate to my biggest struggle: I don't exercise. Let me explain, what I mean by exercise is that I haven't gone to a gym to workout in probably four months and I look just as good or if better than those months away. Now I'm not telling you to not work out or go to the gym, instead, this is how I workout every day.

The first form of exercise I do, is I live in an apartment where we have to pay for our heat as a separate cost. I have yet to turn on the heat basically because I don't want to pay for it. So my body is constantly warming itself so it doesn't get cold and in turn, I'm burning calories. I also live on the third floor of my building and if I want to go to my apartment I walk up four flights of stairs. Four flights of stairs every time I want to wash my clothes (which takes six rounds of walking), take out the trash (2 rounds), or go to my car (1 round).

The best part about living on the third floor is I constantly am getting aerobic exercise and it increases when I have anything to carry to or from my car. I feel like I am constantly climbing those stairs to do something. Honestly, the best thing you can do for yourself is to always take the stairs. When you take the stairs, you are improving your health because you are working out your heart, your lungs, and your arms and lungs. You might not know it, but you are working on your abdominal muscles.

If you have a few minutes to get to class or a meeting that is on a floor higher than the first, instead of taking the elevator, you should take the stairs. It is the easiest way to get in some free exercise. The other easy is to park farther away from where ever you are going. For example, if you were to go to the grocery, you could park at the very back of the parking lot and get exercise by carrying your groceries for a longer amount of time. You would also be able to leave much quicker than if you had parked closer.

When you are exercising and feeling better without even knowing it, you are usually more inclined to exercise more. If you felt good after walking up three flights of stairs, then you are more inclined to do it every time you go to that place. Working out for free is very easy to do and anyone can do it. I know that I always feel better after I walk farther than I need to and walk up the stairs. You can also go for a walk around your neighborhood or on a trail. Anything you do that gets you moving is good and counts as exercise.