Who Needs The Gym?

Who Needs The Gym?

5 other options of working out besides going to the gym.

165
Who Needs The Gym?
Loren Lucio

Working out is hard enough as it is. Add paying for a gym membership and awkwardly working out in an overcrowded gym, filled with athletes who know what they are doing anyone can quickly lose interest. Here are 5 other options that allow you to save money and workout without "hitting the gym."

1.) Go for a run

Running is a great stress reliever and can be done through all season. Get some fresh air and take a calm or intense run around the neighborhood. Or, if you are feeling more daring go to places like Letchworth state park and run while gazing at the beautiful scenery.

2.) Yoga

Yoga is another great workout that can be done right in your bedroom! Purchase some inexpensive yoga videos right at Walmart or research poses and do it yourself! Use Youtube to bring up some calming music, light some candles and you’ve got your own personal yoga studio!

3.) Download Apps from your phone

Go to the app store and download free workout apps! Work on your abs, glutes, arms or legs right from your phone!

Best Apps: Simply type them into the app store in your phone!

• Workout: Gym exercise tracker (personal trainer & fitness log)
  • Sworkit: Workouts & plans
  • Daily Workouts Fitness Routine

4.) Go for a swim

Swimming is an excellent source of exercise as it works every muscle in your body without the threat of shin splints or sore feet.

Freestyle Swimming Technique | Stroke - YouTube

5.) Go for a hike

Hiking is another simple way to get some exercise without suffering through the crowded scene of a gym. Simply find some trails to explore and get outside to enjoy the fresh air!