Working Mechanism of Hoverboards:

Working Mechanism of Hoverboards:

Working Mechanism of Hoverboards:

36
Working Mechanism of Hoverboards:

If we were to talk about the working of hoverboard, we must first know the basic structure of hoverboard. In a hoverboard there is a frame that pivots in the center. The wheels of the hoverboard contains electric motor and the sensors which detect the speed and angle of tilt.

There is a gyroscope build in the hoverboard which receives the data from the sensors and then passes it to the logic board which keeps the hoverboard straight and upright. There are also switches located under the footpad, which triggers the infrared sensor.

When you about to ride your hoverboard you must lean forward, this turns on the sensor which sends signals to the logic board, which pushes the hoverboard forward. Now the wheels on the hoverboards are independent of one other. So you can control each wheel individually resulting in some cool-looking spins.

Generally, the lithium-ion battery and the logic board are locating on opposites sides of each other which helps the hoverboard to reduce heat. There have been instances where the hoverboards brut into flames when a rider is on the hoverboard.

Hoverboards Controversy

Self-balancing electric scooters or more commonly known as hoverboards are always in the top trend, these electric machines are liked by both kids and adults, but what is the cause of their increasing popularity? What makes hoverboards one of the top trending toys on the market?

If we look at more recent times these hoverboards were infamous for exploding. The batteries used in these hoverboards are made up of Lithium-ion which at the time were very unstable and out of control. So when you think about it, a thought must have crossed your mind.

What makes these machines so unsafe and unstable? Were these products made this way or other factors were affecting the performance and the durability of this product. Why do hoverboards get a very bad reputation?

Test Drive

In our testing, we found out that the hoverboard which was busting into frames were made out of lower quality batteries. Some of these hoverboards were made from totally unregulated battery packs. To test this, we let the hoverboard charge overnight.

To no one's surprise, the hoverboard was scorching hot. After this, we rode the hoverboard for an extended amount of times but due to our testing hoverboard was very well made, it experienced no such issues. The Bluetooth speakers were also on during your entire testing time.

Future Designs of hoverboards

Hoverboards generally come with small wheels and there is no suspension attached to them, as a result, hoverboards do not perform well in outdoor conditions. Simple cracks in the street or some pebbles scattered across the road will send your hoverboard flying if you were going at the speed of 8 miles per hour.

To combat these hoverboards need either big wheels or big suspension which is nonexistent at this point. Now both the wheels and suspension are problematic, which needed to be solved. There is also a problem with bigger wheels.

When you switch from smaller wheels to bigger wheels you need extra power to move these wheels which will require more torque resulting in battery depleting very quickly. These hoverboards already have a very bad history with batteries.

Increasing the size of the batteries will lead to more danger than before. Now coming back to suspension, adding the bigger suspension in the hoverboard is a very complex and problematic solution, as the hoverboard contains sensors that require constant stability to be balanced properly

Problematic solutions

The areas where the rider's feet are supposed to need to have a stable axis, if ignored this could lead to serious consequences, whenever the rider of the hoverboard encounters a bumpy road it will cause its footpads to push on the accelerators.

But the biggest problem will arise in the battery department. Generally speaking, a good quality hoverboard takes between 90 to 120 minutes to charge, in the case of a bigger battery it will take more time to charge and the battery will deplete quickly.

This hoverboard requires an overcharge protection system to protect the hoverboard from overcharging, and it is baffling to us that in this day and age some hoverboards don't come with this feature.

So for our solution to the hoverboards experiencing problems is to improve in the above-mentioned categories.

Conclusion

To conclude our topic, we will like to say that hoverboards have come so far from their initial launching phase and the industry is keeping on evolving. Recently, the best one-wheel hoverboards have gained so much popularity among youngsters. This evolution is necessary and good if the hoverboard manufacturers want to thrive in today's world.

Hoverboards nowadays are much safer and durable. There hasn't been an incident of hoverboards being recalled since November 2017. But having said that there is always room for improvement, in the future hoverboard industry is going to thrive.