Work Days

It seems that full-time jobs nowadays really take up more time than we think. Then again, that's why they call them "FULL-TIME." Full-time jobs can be simple or rather tedious, but one thing's for certain. There's a similar vibe or mood that goes around the workplace as time passes throughout the day. It really doesn't matter what type of job it is. As long it's an eight-nine hour job with some kind of break, you can easily change these time to what fits your schedule. Here's a detailed description of what vibe feels like during the day.

8:30-9:00 A.M.

The start of the workday. You're just getting settled into your office/area looking through your socials one last time before you get started. Maybe, your work email has an assignment for you to do or you already know what to do. The coffee is taking its jolly ol' time to kick in so you have the energy to get to work. If the coffee doesn't, then someone like a customer, coworker, or supervisor will be more than happy to get your body up and running. To think, it's not even 9 A.M. yet.

9:00-10:30 A.M.

You've kind of reached that point where you're glad the time's going by, but it's not enough time to take a legitimate break from work. The clock slows down even more if business is slow, or it moves faster if a rush becomes to come in. The energy from whatever you had for breakfast starts to finally settle in and do its thing. Though, as time passes you wonder if what you're doing is the correct way and your mind can really wander off.

10:30-12:00 P.M.

Now, the momentum of work is steady. You have a general idea of how the rest of the day will go whether it's good or bad. Plans on what you're doing for lunch start to come across your mind more often as noon approaches. Did you pack lunch? Are you going out for lunch? No matter how much you ate today, lunch does sound pretty good after a long morning. Even so, it's not really time for lunch yet, and if your lunch break is scheduled during this time frame, I'm so very sorry.

12:00 - 2:30 P.M.

Lunch breaks vary among person to person. Some take it at noon sharp while others try to take it as late as possible. Whenever your lunch break is, make it count. This is the only time during the day you can let your mind and body relax for a certain period of time during the day. Earlier lunch breaks give you that extra boost of energy but leave more time for the afternoon crash to hit. Later lunches give you something to look forward to, but that extra time without energy can take its toll in the early afternoon. Timing the lunch break can mean the difference between a good day and a bad day.

2:30-4:00 P.M.

This is when the afternoon crash really begins to hit if it hasn't already. By now, you'll understand why preschoolers were given nap-time around this time of day. Time makes drastic changes, and hopefully, it picks up pace. Some moments in the day feel extremely slow where you can't take your eyes off the clock. Most rely on another energy boost to get through the last few hours. That may seem like a good idea, but keep in the mind your plans after work.

4:00-5:30 P.M.

This is it. The final stretch. For some, it's good. For others, it's a wake-up-call. The time to wrap up any assignments and lock-up duties is now. It seems that it's a bit too late to start anything new. Rather, it's better to finish everything up, review your work, and plan out tomorrow. Looking back, did you get everything off your to-do list? Is your email cleared of unread messages? Do you have everything you need to take back home? You better. The time is truly yours, and make this count. You know why?

The cycle begins again tomorrow, and the grind to success continues.