Fill Up Your Cup

If you've never heard to term "fill up your cup", it basically means that you need to find happiness within yourself, take care of yourself and work on yourself before you can pour your energy into making others happy. When you learn this term, you learn that you need to make sure you're at peace with yourself before you can give yourself to others and that you need to always take care of yourself so that you're in a place where you can put time and energy into those around you. Filling up your cup is so incredibly important because you need to remember that it's just as important that you feel fulfilled and happy, as it is that others around you feel that way as well.

Work on making yourself whole. Be whole in the fact that you don't need to lean on all of your friends for your confidence. Be whole in the sense that you don't need a man in your life to make you feel good or to make you feel like you're happy. Be so whole that when you walk into a room, people want to engage with you because they feel your energy and are drawn to you. But know that being whole doesn't just happen because you read a list of things that will make you happy and decide to do that.

Being whole is so different for every single person in the world. One person might feel whole in their current state with their job and life, and you might be looking at them thinking don't they want more? Being whole takes work because a lot of it is figuring out who you are, what makes you happy, and figuring out how to get to that point of happiness. It's a journey, and I say that because it never will be instant, and it might take quite a lot of time to achieve. Some people might never be whole their entire lives, and that's okay, as long as they're always trying to do what's best for themselves and trying to make themselves happy.

Know that you can't take care of others if you're not willing to put time, energy, faith, and love into yourself. You might not be fully whole, but you can always be working on it. That brings me back to your cup. Fill. It. Up. Sometimes, you can work on yourself and take the time to take care of yourself and feel like your energy (or your cup) in 15 minutes. Sometimes, you need days to feel good enough to get out there and really help someone else out. Regardless of what it is, it's always, and I mean always okay to take the time to fill up your cup. Your friends and family should know when you need that time and they should respect that and encourage it. Filling up your cup and having that energy to help others fill up their will help you feel so whole.

We're all just trying to figure out life and part of that is figuring out ourselves. It's always okay to say that you're not feeling like yourself at the moment, or that you need a moment, or that you're working on yourself and aren't ready to help fix someone else during that time. But when you find the things that make you happy, fill up your cup, and make you whole, life will be so much more fulfilling. Keep working on it - even on the worst days, you've still got this.