Key to Happiness

Key to Happiness

We all need to stop running behind success or trying to figure out the key to success and instead focus on living a happy life! #keytohappiness

40
Key to Happiness

Lately, everyone has been talking about the key to success. Well, I understand that success is important, but why is success so important? To me, success results in happiness! So I want to talk about key(s) to happiness.

Let me start by saying, I am a simple person, and to me, watching a comedy movie or YouTube clip results in happiness. With that said, here are my keys to happiness.

1. Work, Work, Work, Work

Not just a Rihanna song, if your work can make you happy, then you, my friend, are one of the lucky few in this world. A lot of us complain about how much work we have to do each day or week. If your work genuinely makes you happy, I don't see why you would need to complain. Yes, there are certain aspects of my job that I dislike, but work truly does make me happy. I am one of those people who needs to take a break from being on vacation and do some work! So please find something you love to do—that's the key to happiness.

2. Work Hard, Play Hard

Here I go again with another song reference. Yes, Wiz! So you can't be working 24/7, you gotta live a little.

So going back to point one, I did mention vacation! My favorite thing to do is to travel. When I have worked hard for a few months or an entire year, I think I deserve a holiday. Some of you might enjoy traveling but some might enjoy a "staycation." Whatever it might be, please do something that makes you happy. So finding what you are passionate about apart from work is my second key to happiness.

3. With a Little Help from my Friends

Cannot forget the Beatles when making song references. So yeah, spending time with friends is another key to happiness. It's so important to take time out to be with your friends (says the loner!) 'Cause honestly, your parents and partner may not understand you, but your best friend will and so please go find that person who makes you happy. My best friend has the skill to make me happy, even in the worse situations!

4. On my Own

Well Miley Cyrus is relevant again, so I decided to include her in my song references as well. So far, the first three keys to happiness has involved something or someone. Well, sometimes you can't rely on these things, so it's important to find something you can do on your own that makes you happy. As mentioned, I can be happy watching comedy videos on youtube. I'm obsessed with certain youtubers like iisuperwomanii, AIB, and EIC. Google them, if you don't already know who they are!!! I could probably spend hours watching their videos on youtube laughing by myself. Other things that make me happy, listening to music, working out, swimming, reading, writing, watching tv, and the big one: Shopping! These are mine, what are yours?

5. Gotta be you

Last song reference goes to One Direction! This is probably too cliche, be yourself but really, I don't think I can be happy trying to be someone I'm not. Also, how long can you pretend to be someone else? Eventually you'll get outed or tried of playing the part. So it's important to be yourself in order to be happy.

Now please take some time to reflect on life and figure out your own key(s) to happiness! Maybe success is one of them. I don't know. All I know is that, we all need to stop running behind success or trying to figure out the key to success and instead focus on living a happy life! #keytohappiness hahah