How To Comfort Someone In 3 Simple Phrases

3 Comforting Phrases That Have Been Given To Me Throughout My Lifetime

Sometimes there are some upside downs to life and one needs to hear some comforting words in order to cheer up.

164
https://unsplash.com/photos/gq5PECP8pHE

Sometimes there are some upside downs to life and one needs to hear some comforting words in order to cheer up. Here are my top three favorite words of comfort that really cheer me up:

1. "You did your best"

There are some things that one have done all they could for example, on an art project, homework, studying, etc. but does not go the way they want it to. That is part of life. This phrase helps show that all your efforts on an art project, homework or studying etc. are all worth and that one should keep continuing to work hard no matter what.

2. "Don't worry"

These two simple, powerful words that make everything stressful go away. Sometimes one's mind becomes so full of stress and becomes full of things to worry about, they do not have time to listen to others. However, if one decides to calm down and talk out their problems or about the things that are stressing them, there will be some people who will say these two words, "don't worry." This helps me a lot throughout my life. Usually, worrying does not help at all.

3. "Don't compare yourself to others"

There are many times that one might be compared to other people. For me, I usually get upset when I get compared to other people a lot. However, everyone is different. There is no point in being compared to others. The people who are comparing a person to others do not understand what the person has experienced through nor know who the person really is. Although some people say comparison to others shows consideration for improvement, the people who actually say that, do not know that they are actually hurting and discouraging the person.

Therefore, it is still very horrible that people still compare a person to others. Therefore, this phrase, "don't compare yourself to others," is one of the best words of comfort to hear. Plus, if everyone is the same, there will be no uniqueness. Also, success comes from being unique. Just be yourself.