No, I Won't Be Voting For Hillary

No, I Won't Be Voting For Hillary

And here's why.
0

I’ve been told throughout this political whirlwind “Every college student should vote for Bernie” (and now Hillary) or “As women, we must help Hillary break through the glass ceiling.” Frankly, I’ve had enough of it. As a citizen in this great nation, I have the right to vote for whomever I choose and am not required to pick based on academic status or gender.

At the Democratic National Convention, First Lady Michelle Obama addressed the crowd with an eye opening speech. Her words surprised even me, a young woman that is not “with Her.” The First Lady said that Hillary was the right person to shape the nation's youth and “kids who look to us to determine who and what they can be.” I do not want the government to determine who I am or what I can do with my life, and personally that is not the job of the government nor is Hillary someone I could trust with my life or my future. As I recall, I have certain unalienable rights that have been bestowed upon me by the Declaration of Independence, such as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Thus, attempting to control me and who I am, would cause me to lose my unalienable rights.

The First Lady continued to say “That is the story of this country… The story of people who felt the lash of bondage, the shame of servitude, the sting of segregation, but who kept on striving and hoping and doing what needed to be done so that today I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves.” I was shocked by this statement. Did the First Lady forget that people like Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and Samuel Adams fought the British to create the story of America? I learned in history class that America was founded on freedom and justice, but somehow that story was lost, somehow the only story our First Lady could speak about was one of oppression and one that spoke to only one race, to one people not to the melting pot.

Finally, Mrs. Obama finished with this “Because this right now is the greatest country on earth.” Now yes, I do agree that America is the greatest country in the world, but there are things to be fixed, major things. Issues like racial tension, police brutality, terrorism, the national debt, and the continued decline of the middle class. Our nation is great, but why should we stop there? Let’s be amazing, or excellent or even the best.

Hillary Clinton’s reckless use of her personal email could have opened up this nation to terrorists and other malignant persons. The FBI has called Hillary unreasonable and stated that she should have known better. I cannot see how she could be trusted to run a country or make reasonable decisions to protect its people.

If Mrs. Obama accurately portrayed what the Democratic nominee stands for, I will fear for this country. The First Lady spoke about one race, one generation and she sent a message of control. This speech was eye opening, it let me truly understand how unfit Hillary is for office. She wants to control the nation's children and their children to come, she wants to defy the Declaration of Independence, and she will say or do anything to get elected.